UA reservation not showing up on Copa

Old Jun 14, 17, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lanpass, AAdvantage
UA reservation not showing up on Copa

Hi, I purchased an United MileagePlus award ticket, flights marketed and operated by Copa. I have an UA reservation number, CM reservation number, ticket number.

Still the Copa callcenter tells me they can't assign seats since the reservation hasn't been "fully ticketed". Status with UA is ticketed and I have tx number. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 14, 17, 2:22 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, United Premier Silver, Connect Miles Plat, Marriott Plat,
Copas IT is a mess.

As you will see from other threads here, more likely than not you can not even find your reservation - even if you bought the ticket from Copas website.

It's not a nice situation when you cant find your ticket in your carriers IT system, but I'm yet to show up in the airport with an invalid reservation.
Old Jun 14, 17, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback. So no recourse?
Old Jun 14, 17, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CM Pres Plat., HHonors Diamond, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by ORDSCL View Post
Thanks for the feedback. So no recourse?
Try mobile site, sometimes it works
Old Jun 15, 17, 8:36 am
Original Poster

This is insane. UA and CM blame each other. Of course they both tell me not to worry.

I'll wait a couple of days and see what happens.
Old Jun 15, 17, 1:34 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, United Premier Silver, Connect Miles Plat, Marriott Plat,
Originally Posted by ORDSCL View Post
This is insane. UA and CM blame each other. Of course they both tell me not to worry.

I'll wait a couple of days and see what happens.
As late as earlier this year I flew on a similar ticket: Copa operated on MP award miles.
You are right in that UA does not allow you to choose a seat, but to be frank it was a less of a worry to me and at no point did it occur to me to call Copa to inquire about it. I chose a decent seat when web check in opened up.

Bottomline is that I flew the segments with no problems whatsoever.
Old Jul 13, 17, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

I ended up submitting a request to MP. They reissued the ticket and everything was fine, ticket showed up on copaair.com. So apparently Copa was right that there was something wrong with how UA originally issued the ticket.

Search this Thread