Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Which airports have no lounge access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold

I've again run into an airport without lounge access for Copa Gold elites: Quito.

Check-in agent says they don't have an agreement with the airport's only VIP lounge. (I was also denied access last week, when I flew through here on an Avianca business class ticket.)

Found the same situation in Montevideo last year. And Havana ... though I didn't expect access there, and was amused to see that they actually do have an "elite" lounge at all.

What other airports in Copa's network can we add to the list where we don't have lounge access?

Last edited by DarrenChannel; May 22, 2017 at 7:43 am
Old May 22, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
CUN doesn't have access for United pax, so presumably also CM. There is a small Priority Pass & Diners Club lounge that appears to have agreements for Skyteam pax but not Star Alliance.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Star Alliance's Lounge Finder is pretty decent. Put in the airport, your airline and status/travel class and it should usually tell you which lounge if there is a lounge you can use. Some airlines are better at providing access at contract lounges than others.
Old May 23, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by DarrenChannel
I've again run into an airport without lounge access for Copa Gold elites: Quito.

Check-in agent says they don't have an agreement with the airport's only VIP lounge. (I was also denied access last week, when I flew through here on an Avianca business class ticket.)

Found the same situation in Montevideo last year. And Havana ... though I didn't expect access there, and was amused to see that they actually do have an "elite" lounge at all.

What other airports in Copa's network can we add to the list where we don't have lounge access?
I can think of a few; POS, KIN and GEO in the English speaking Caribbean dont offer any lounge facilities to CM. TGU and SAP in Honduras don't either.
sermasri likes this.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: UA
MGA has a 3rd party lounge. It has never been offered to me, and I have never asked, so I assume it's not affiliated.

I also find that SJO borders on being in this category. One free drink or whatever and then anything else comes with a bill, in an environment not much different than the terminal. SAL is similar.

I didn't think ASU had one, but the lounge finder link says that now there's a contract lounge.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
I've found that Star Alliance's lounge finder is not very accurate. With actual Star Alliance lounges, I guess it is, but they list various third-party lounges that aren't accessible to us, like at UIO and MVD.
Old May 23, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
New Orleans (MSY) does not offer lounge access for Copa/Star Alliance.

The only lounge facilities there are for Delta Airlines/Skyteam.
Old May 23, 2017, 11:30 am

FLL does not have a lounge for copa.
Old May 23, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
add SXM also - no access for Copa's passengers unless you have a Priority Pass
Old May 24, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by YadiMolina
MGA has a 3rd party lounge. It has never been offered to me, and I have never asked, so I assume it's not affiliated.

I also find that SJO borders on being in this category. One free drink or whatever and then anything else comes with a bill, in an environment not much different than the terminal. SAL is similar.

I didn't think ASU had one, but the lounge finder link says that now there's a contract lounge.
MGA used to offer free lounge access to Copa in Business Class. Never to Gold of course prior to cancelling free access there was no Copa program, just United.

SJO lounge will give you another drink ticket if you ask.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
Just from my own experience during the last year, airports WITHOUT lounge access include LIM, MIA, MCO, CTG and SJU. I should know this, but I am not 100% sure, if CM (still) invites to the AV lounge in SCL.

It almost seems easier to name the few airports, where CM actually does grant lounge access, because THIS rather seems to be the exception to the rule.

I am really surprised how CM get away with this no lounge policy within the alliance, for, as far as I know, CM Elites are accepted at *-run or third party lounges e.g. in Europe without any major restrictions (provided they are eligible and on a * flight of course).
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA
No lounge access in VVI (Santa Cruz, Bolivia)

Only a Priority Pass lounge
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by SenSCL
Just from my own experience during the last year, airports WITHOUT lounge access include LIM, MIA, MCO, CTG and SJU. I should know this, but I am not 100% sure, if CM (still) invites to the AV lounge in SCL.

It almost seems easier to name the few airports, where CM actually does grant lounge access, because THIS rather seems to be the exception to the rule.

I am really surprised how CM get away with this no lounge policy within the alliance, for, as far as I know, CM Elites are accepted at *-run or third party lounges e.g. in Europe without any major restrictions (provided they are eligible and on a * flight of course).
In MIA as well? AV has a very nice lounge there used by the majority of the *A carriers. CM does not give access?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by SenSCL
Just from my own experience during the last year, airports WITHOUT lounge access include LIM.....
Really, no lounge in Lima? I haven't been in over a year, but I always get complimentary access to the 3rd-party VIP lounge there when seated in clase ejecutivo.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by YadiMolina
Really, no lounge in Lima? I haven't been in over a year, but I always get complimentary access to the 3rd-party VIP lounge there when seated in clase ejecutivo.
I got no offer for lounge access when I was in LIM 6 months ago. As presidential platinum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.