Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Which airports have no lounge access?

Which airports have no lounge access?

Old Jun 7, 17, 8:46 pm

MCO has a united lounge in different concourse??? but still accessible for Copa passengers. I used my united club card to get in. Not sure if copa grants access.
Old Jun 12, 17, 1:46 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by DarrenChannel View Post
I've found that Star Alliance's lounge finder is not very accurate. With actual Star Alliance lounges, I guess it is, but they list various third-party lounges that aren't accessible to us, like at UIO and MVD.
It does miss lots of lounges for sure.

I know MGA didn't have a lounge for Star Gold members, I wasn't in business but I did ask the agent specifically if there was a star lounge and she said no. The airport was quite small as I recall and I did see a sign for a lounge of some kind but I don't think it was open. There really wasn't much in the departure area aside from a couple kiosks. Certainly an airport you wanna arrive to last minute.
Old Jun 12, 17, 3:50 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, United Premier Silver, Connect Miles Plat, Marriott Plat,
Originally Posted by drvannostren View Post
It does miss lots of lounges for sure.

I know MGA didn't have a lounge for Star Gold members, I wasn't in business but I did ask the agent specifically if there was a star lounge and she said no. The airport was quite small as I recall and I did see a sign for a lounge of some kind but I don't think it was open. There really wasn't much in the departure area aside from a couple kiosks. Certainly an airport you wanna arrive to last minute.
Tell me about it. Due to a total freak itinerary, I had to transit 4 hours in MGA on a trip from SJO to PTY(!) last year. I went and had a horrible omelette for breakfast in one of the restaurants (the only one?) and then spent 3 hours doing nothing. There was a wifi that could just about cope with whatsapp. Forgot about emails or surfing.
Old Jun 12, 17, 11:56 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
Tell me about it. Due to a total freak itinerary, I had to transit 4 hours in MGA on a trip from SJO to PTY(!) last year. I went and had a horrible omelette for breakfast in one of the restaurants (the only one?) and then spent 3 hours doing nothing. There was a wifi that could just about cope with whatsapp. Forgot about emails or surfing.
I couldn't even get on the wifi, luckily I was only there for like 40 minutes or so, plus I like watching airport employees work since I'm one of them. Even then it was still a drag, more so for my lady friend who was bored out of her mind lol.
Old Nov 24, 17, 7:40 am

Programs: FB Platinum, TK Gold, PC Platinum
I got no offer for lounge access when I was in LIM 6 months ago. As presidential platinum.
just flew LIM-PTY in J (im also *G). No accesss to VIP lounge . Lounge dragon said that they donít have an agreement with copa anymore. Is this normal with COPA, not offering lounge access when flying J ?
Old Nov 24, 17, 10:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, United Premier Silver, Connect Miles Plat, Marriott Plat,
Originally Posted by toastedcafe View Post
just flew LIM-PTY in J (im also *G). No accesss to VIP lounge . Lounge dragon said that they donít have an agreement with copa anymore. Is this normal with COPA, not offering lounge access when flying J ?
Unless
1) Copa has their own lounge, which is rare
2) Avianca, United or another *A carrier has a lounge and there is an agreement between Copa and said carrier

It is almost impossible to get lounge access regardless of status or travel class.

I travel a lot to KIN, POS, GEO and TGU/SAP and find myself with no option, despite being top-tier flyer on Connect Miles and flying J. Thankfully most airports nowadays have free wifi, which would be my main reason for using a lounge.

Priority Pass is really your only option on many smaller destinations in the CM network.
Old Nov 26, 17, 5:41 pm

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Copa uses the Avianca lounge in MIA.

CNF has no lounge, but I have heard one is on the way. Don't know if Copa will allow access though.
Old Feb 25, 18, 4:57 pm

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
No lounge access in ASU and CCS, either.
I wonder if its even "legal". Other airlines do pay for their pax accessing third-party lounges, Copa does not. At least the airline could provide a voucher for a drink/meal. Correct me if i am wrong, but Copa is the only airline in Star Alliance that saves on lounge access.
Old Feb 27, 18, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
There's quite a nice VIP lounge in MGA run by EAAI for US$35 which includes VIP security and check-in outbound and VIP immigration and customs inbound with a couple drinks and a sandwich. If you have a lot of bags and have no desire for the attempts at baksheesh by customs it's great on arrival, also when several planes arrive at once.

Used to be a freebie with COPA J/C but now free only for (IIRC) Platinum Amex through Credomatic.

If you are meeting someone or have people seeing you off you can bring two of them in to wait for you to come or go as the case may be though no food or beverage.

For the fast track elements it's the bee's knees frankly.
Old Feb 27, 20, 2:35 pm

I travel a lot to KIN, POS, GEO and TGU/SAP and find myself with no option, despite being top-tier flyer on Connect Miles and flying J.
Is that still the case for GEO?

Can you recommend a dining option there? I have the wonderful 3:27 AM departure, and need to spend the evening somehow withouth spending a huge amount. :-)
Old Feb 27, 20, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
I don't think BOG has a lounge on the domestic side of the terminal, so if you are connecting within Colombia you are out of luck. If you are flying from a Colombian city other than BOG, I know that MDE has a lounge on both the international and domestic sides, but I'm guessing most of the smaller cities do not.
Old Feb 28, 20, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by sokolov View Post
Is that still the case for GEO?

Can you recommend a dining option there? I have the wonderful 3:27 AM departure, and need to spend the evening somehow withouth spending a huge amount. :-)
Oh so it IS true that Copa now operates some crazy schedule out of GEO. A local told me but I never got down to verify.
GEO is 45 mins drive from town - if not more than that. Are you looking for dining options in town or by the airport?

Despite a major upgrade to the airport, Caribbean Airlines (BW) seem to be the only airline with a lounge facility. With the recent arrival of AA, may be over time something will happen lounge wise.
Old Mar 1, 20, 1:11 am

Oh so it IS true that Copa now operates some crazy schedule out of GEO. A local told me but I never got down to verify.
GEO is 45 mins drive from town - if not more than that. Are you looking for dining options in town or by the airport?
Whatever you think makes sense - including late opening hours!
Old Mar 2, 20, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by sokolov View Post
Whatever you think makes sense - including late opening hours!
I will PM you so we don't derail this thread.
sokolov likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: