CM 144 PTY to SJO to TGU

Old May 14, 17, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM
CM 144 PTY to SJO to TGU

Hi everyone:

I am booked on CM 144 from PTY to SJO to TGU on 01-July. There is a 30 min. stop on the ground in San Jose before continuing on to Tegucigalpa.

I assumed that I would stay on the plane on this leg since there is only one seat assignment and the stop is so short. However, the gentleman at the Copa call center informed me that I would have to get off the plane and go to the next plane.

Question- will 30 min be enough to make a connection? Or is this the same plane and we'll simply deplane and then board again? Any advice you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old May 14, 17, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CM nada
I haven't been on that specific flight, but have stopped in SJO on several flights to other cities. Each of those was just a simple stop, and I never had to leave my seat.

I recommend you call again to confirm.
Old May 15, 17, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM
Thanks for your response! I did just that and the Copa rep confirmed that I'll stay on the plane. Thanks again!
Old May 15, 17, 4:30 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, United Premier Silver, Connect Miles Plat, Marriott Plat,
Originally Posted by jm6886 View Post
Thanks for your response! I did just that and the Copa rep confirmed that I'll stay on the plane. Thanks again!
I've taken that flight a few times and I can also confirm that you do indeed stay on board.
Old May 15, 17, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, WS Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jm6886 View Post
Hi everyone:

I am booked on CM 144 from PTY to SJO to TGU on 01-July. There is a 30 min. stop on the ground in San Jose before continuing on to Tegucigalpa.

Question- will 30 min be enough to make a connection? Or is this the same plane and we'll simply deplane and then board again? Any advice you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks!
They tend to land these weird SJO connections at gates right outside the transfer security which is emptier than Donald Trump's cranium most of the time so you get off, walk 20-30 metres, go through a quick security scan, all very organized and polite and boom, you're back in the terminal.

Even if you have the misfortune to not land that close you still bypass immigration and customs by going downstairs and following the sign that says connections and up the stairs you wind up at the very same place.

For 30 minutes you might want to question why they do this but often the plane is not the same, and the gate is not the same either. My MGA flights have never continued on the same plane.

So if it's the same plane then good for you and you might not deplane but if you have to it is a small issue. Having two answers to the same question just guarantees you might or might not.

Search this Thread