Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fishing rod tubes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

fishing rod tubes

I live in Panama, I have a friend coming down in July to do some fishing. While getting his ticket he was informed that in July, Copa would not permit excess or over weight bag's. When I read their baggage policy it says that as long as the rod tube fits with in 115 linear dimensions it can be checked in as one of the two free bags. I called and talked with one of the Copa res. agents and could not get a clear yes or no answer. Does anybody know the correct answer?
Thanks in advance.
Jim Welch
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA
Since no one chimed in with specific experience, I'll offer an opinion based on extensive observation of crazy luggage at PTY, including my own.

I assume you're are talking about a standard ~5-foot plastic tube that's light weight. As goofy as Copa can be, I would be very surprised if Copa called that oversized or excess, especially if he's checking in in the USA or Canada.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.