Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

No More Physical Status Cards for 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:14 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Finally got an E-Mail with the Subject Status Confirmation 2017. That in itself was a relief. I met the criteria for Gold months ago and never heard anything either way. Finally got the email that I will indeed be Gold for 2017.

Then towards the end of the email I saw this.

Wait for your new digital credentials at the end of February as we will be transitioning to digital cards and will no longer mail printed cards.
This is a little scary for me. Last year I can think of 3 times where me having the physical ConnectMiles card showing my *G status at lounges was the difference between me getting in and being told to take a walk. Unless I'm missing something where there is a general shift to digital cards in the whole alliance I don't like this change at all.

Sure its a stupid thing, but really the only reason I value *G is lounge access. I don't really need to be in ConnectMiles. I guess I should shop for a new *A partner to keep my status.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: CM Gold / *A Gold
You can also use your boarding pass as it would have your *G status printed on. I'm not sure if that would be enough to get in, but since I don't have a card that's the only way to prove I'm a prefermember.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
They just launched the program, and now they're already starting cutbacks?

Done with this airline!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:18 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by supervillian
You can also use your boarding pass as it would have your *G status printed on. I'm not sure if that would be enough to get in, but since I don't have a card that's the only way to prove I'm a prefermember.
Yeah I have had a couple situations stand out this year where having the physical card made the difference. Once in the Air Canada Lounge in FRA and flying on TK out of SZG. Out station contract lounges are not always the easiest thing to deal with. To me having the card is peace of mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.