Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

So close to next status, can I boost/buy miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: ConnectMiles, AAdvantage

Hello all! I'm new in the forum, great to talk with mileage experts

I'm currently hold the Gold status at Copa's ConnectMiles program. I'm in an interesting situation where I'm really close to get to Platinum (only 5,000 miles left after I complete a trip next week).

I don't think I'll make it to Platinum just short of these 5,000 miles... Have any of you guys been thru that? Do you know if it's possible to somehow "buy" qualifying miles or otherwise boost my status to Platinum? I'm just SO CLOSE!

Appreciate any thoughts!
Old Dec 10, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Perhaps a quick mileage run during your trip next week? Remember that AV flights count.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
NO

I'm a platinum at COPA and I'm 1,900 miles short to Presidential Platinum. Due to medical reasons (I broke a leg) I will not be able to fly anymore for the rest of the year. I called Connectmiles customer service explaining the situation and they told me to send an email, I did. And the answer briefed: NO, we can't change the status or add miles manually.
So I don't think in your case being 5,000 miles short for platinum they will be willing help....
Old Dec 24, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
There's a promo from Rocketmiles for 2K+ miles for making your first booking with them.
Just do a cheap mattress run to get them.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 5:21 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I don't think Rocketmiles bookings will generate qualification miles. Only award miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.