Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Someone used my connect miles account and ...

Old Dec 8, 16, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

I received an e-mail saying that someone used my miles to book two seats on a flight out of panama for Saturday.

I let the agent know and said I wanted the people that used my miles to be charged with theft. Easily done if their tickets were flagged and at check in the police were called. The agent wanted to cancel the tickets right away which would scare off the ticket holders. I was told I would have to contact the police to press charges. After a few times on hold I think the agent contacted people at Copa to try to arrest these people when they try to check in.

Am I asking too much? Does Copa care that much to try to arrest people that used miles in someone else's account?
Old Dec 8, 16, 8:40 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
You're asking for way too much. Most US airlines would not even bother. You don't know if your account was hacked and the passengers were innocently buying from a third party.

And it's not "theft." The miles aren't yours. The miles belongs to the airline, like all frequent flyer programs, so it's up to the airline whether they can press charges, not you.
Old Dec 8, 16, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Right, there is a chance that the people "purchased" the tickets elsewhere but when they are arrested they can let the police know that. I am trying to help out the airline because this sort of thing is very annoying. As a connect miles member, and shareholder their response so far has been frustrating.

Search this Thread