FAST PASS for residents

Old Dec 6, 16, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, CM nada
FAST PASS for residents

If you have a permanent residency in Panama, you can enroll in Panamanian FAST PASS. With this, you can use the new kiosks for "automated passport control". These kiosks are only available at the south immigration station so far.

The kiosks seem to be the exact copies of the US kiosks. Stick in your document, it takes a pic, you give it a fingerprint on the scanner, confirm your flight details, and it spits out a slip. Off you go to baggage claim and customs. (Unlike US Global Entry, you do not get any privileges at Customs.) Best of all: no entry stamps in your passport.

Enrollment is super easy, performed at some desks next to the kiosks. I did it within 5 minutes, and it's effective instantly. That is, instead of going to the immigration desks, go enroll, and you can pass directly through the kiosk.
Old Dec 8, 16, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by YadiMolina View Post
If you have a permanent residency in Panama, you can enroll in Panamanian FAST PASS. With this, you can use the new kiosks for "automated passport control". These kiosks are only available at the south immigration station so far.

The kiosks seem to be the exact copies of the US kiosks. Stick in your document, it takes a pic, you give it a fingerprint on the scanner, confirm your flight details, and it spits out a slip. Off you go to baggage claim and customs. (Unlike US Global Entry, you do not get any privileges at Customs.) Best of all: no entry stamps in your passport.

Enrollment is super easy, performed at some desks next to the kiosks. I did it within 5 minutes, and it's effective instantly. That is, instead of going to the immigration desks, go enroll, and you can pass directly through the kiosk.
How much? I travel wife a wife and two kids half the time.
Old Dec 9, 16, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, CM nada
Originally Posted by copaflyer View Post
How much? I travel wife a wife and two kids half the time.
If you're asking about the cost to enroll, it is absolutely free. Between the price and speed of enrollment, it's the best bargain in Panama.

Search this Thread