Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expanding Copa Club PTY

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: AA
I was there two weeks ago and the bathrooms were closed. I am hoping that it was due to remodeling or hopefully expansion. Any updates on this?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I was there 10 days ago and saw no signs of construction whatsoever.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: Air Krapistan Poop Points "Scooper Level"
Men's room was closed yesterday. Could be the most useless club ever.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by soriano
I was there two weeks ago and the bathrooms were closed. I am hoping that it was due to remodeling or hopefully expansion. Any updates on this?
They told me some weeks ago the remodeling would be going on throughout 2018. I wonder why they are doing this, since within a very short timeframe they should be moving to new facilities in Terminal 2...?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 4:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Milkman
They told me some weeks ago the remodeling would be going on throughout 2018. I wonder why they are doing this, since within a very short timeframe they should be moving to new facilities in Terminal 2...?
Terminal 1 isn't being closed, is it? And "very short timeframe" seems optimistic, anyway. Last I knew, the new terminal was still a year from opening, although firm info. seems hard to find.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nydave11
Men's room was closed yesterday. Could be the mostNot useless club ever.
Not even close. The food and beverage offerings are minimal, but with long layovers at PTY being common, it's a great place to hang out and relax, get work done, etc.

This place is fairly big and it's been mobbed every time I've been there. I can't imagine what it would look like if they tried to serve a buffet or something.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:10 pm

2 days ago the line to get in was backed up to the elevator. An agent was separating the line into Priority Pass users and class of service users. The class of service line was at least 15 people long. I tried using the PP line as I have it and he said I couldn't as I had a business class ticket. There is no real food to speak of and I find that the lounge is always loud. No men's room is unacceptable.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nydave11
... No men's room is unacceptable.
When it's time for a renovation, it's time for a renovation.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Terminal 1 isn't being closed, is it? And "very short timeframe" seems optimistic, anyway. Last I knew, the new terminal was still a year from opening, although firm info. seems hard to find.
I believe the plan is to move Copas flights to the new terminal 2. Since Copa is 90% of todays PTY operations, I do believe Terminal 1 will be somewhat empty (long haul, US carriers and the few regional carriers that service PTY like AV and the random Venezuelan carriers).
President Varela is obsessed to have this project finished (at least in part) while he is still in office. General elections are early next year and I think the terminal scheduled to partly open in October. It does look like works are progressing quite well right now.

Given than the terminal will most likely be fully operational during 2019, I do find the timing of CM to be quite weird. Run down or not - why invest in a renovation of facilities when you are moving out in a year?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:40 am
Suspended

I was there in late March and saw no evidence of any renovations being underway. Is the club itself undergoing renovations or just the bathrooms? Maybe this is just a case of bad timing: If they're having plumbing problems, there's no waiting until next year.

Right now, the Copa Club is a catch-all for Copa and just about everyone else. Maybe that space will become a PP lounge after Copa moves.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
I was there in late March and saw no evidence of any renovations being underway. Is the club itself undergoing renovations or just the bathrooms? Maybe this is just a case of bad timing: If they're having plumbing problems, there's no waiting until next year.

Right now, the Copa Club is a catch-all for Copa and just about everyone else. Maybe that space will become a PP lounge after Copa moves.
I was told specifically that they had already renovated the ladies room and it was now the mens room being renovated . This suggests that the renovation was planned a while ago.

Last edited by Milkman; Apr 17, 2018 at 3:00 pm Reason: Typo
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by Milkman
I believe the plan is to move Copas flights to the new terminal 2. Since Copa is 90% of todays PTY operations, I do believe Terminal 1 will be somewhat empty (long haul, US carriers and the few regional carriers that service PTY like AV and the random Venezuelan carriers).
I do hope it means *A + CM stick together, otherwise the appeal of PTY for connections also goes down quite a bit...
(plus, CM has its AF/KL partnership for European travel too, making those transfers cumbersome)
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:03 pm

As of this morning still no men's rooms. How long can it take to remodel a 300 sq foot bathroom?
Old May 14, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Men’s bathrooms in the lounge are open, fully functional, and are clean and nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.