Award seat availabilty question

Old Jun 30, 16, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Award seat availabilty question

We are planning a trip to Peru, likely next summer, for a family of four. I have UA miles and had planned on using them to book J class on Copa (with the idea that we would have a stopover in Panama). When I began investigating my strategy several months ago, I was able to find many dates scattered throughout the year with 4 saver level J award seats on Copa. I used UA's web site to search and concentrated on LAX-PTY-LIM. On many of those dates, even a few months out (searching in February, I saw plenty of availability for June), there were adequate seats on all three flights each day. Now, when it is getting close to 330 days out from the time we'd like to travel, I find nothing. And this includes dates in the near and mid future as well. I've also tried using Aeroplan's website to search and didn't find any better availability.

Has Copa greatly reduced the number of available award seats? Is there a better way to search than UA's site? Do they release award seats closer in and and I just need to wait to search closer to our planned June 2017 travel time? Am I completely missing something?

Search this Thread