Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone have experience with dealing with a cancelled flight?

Anyone have experience with dealing with a cancelled flight?

Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Question Anyone have experience with dealing with a cancelled flight?

Last summer I hopped on the $200 deal they had for Puebla to Montevideo RT. My flights for that trip are at the very end of this month. I just got an ominous email from Copa that is all in Spanish apologizing for a change in schedule and asking for a phone number or directing me to call in. Of course it doesn't specify what changed. From what I can tell though it appears they cancelled the flight of my connection from Panama to Puebla on the way back.

I've dealt with United in these situations and they will honestly change anything for free, different dates, different cities. Is Copa the same way? Does anyone think it would be possible to fly back from Sao Paulo instead? Or instead of to Mexico, to the US?

Obviously I won't know until I call in but I just wanted to get an idea of what to expect so that I could craft a few different itinerary suggestions ahead of time. I realize at the end of the day its a $200 ticket and I'm a customer with no status so I don't expect them to bend over too far backward!
Old Mar 5, 2016, 9:55 pm

I called in today, I was hoping they would let me switch my return to MEX, no luck though. Was given the option of flying a day earlier than my scheduled flight o three days later. I chose the former.

Beware their call center is crappy as hell, spent over an hour on the phone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.