Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

COPA Upgrade certs on UA and/or LH operated flights?

Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Is COPA global upgrade same as United global upgrade ??
i.e. I can apply COPA upgrade on any UA and Lufthansa flight ?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dogfan
Is COPA global upgrade same as United global upgrade ??
i.e. I can apply COPA upgrade on any UA and Lufthansa flight ?
Will move this to the COPA forum but in the meantime see
COPA Upgrade CertsBelieve the intent is to be usable on UA operated flights at some point, not sure that has started. Would think LH is very unlikely.

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/copa-...us-united.html
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Ostensibly, they are valid on UA flights. IME, however, after going through a ridiculously complex maze of a phone call, including several transfers to different agents, two RPUs I tried to use on CM, no less, were never applied.

I don't think anyone expected this to be a smooth launch, but it appears to be much more challenging than anticipated.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:54 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by KenInEscazu
Ostensibly, they are valid on UA flights. IME, however, after going through a ridiculously complex maze of a phone call, including several transfers to different agents, two RPUs I tried to use on CM, no less, were never applied.

I don't think anyone expected this to be a smooth launch, but it appears to be much more challenging than anticipated.
The launch absolutely could and should have been fairly smooth, yet ConnectMiles is still a cluster six months later.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Has anybody been able to apply COPA GPU to a UA operated flight? Just want to know if it is even possible at all.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by gv111
Has anybody been able to apply COPA GPU to a UA operated flight? Just want to know if it is even possible at all.
Still not possible as of today.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
Still not possible as of today.
So are you saying that the website that have put up is not working? Very likely but just wanted to confirm.

Also is it possible to apply the Global upgrade over phone?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by gv111
So are you saying that the website that have put up is not working? Very likely but just wanted to confirm.

Also is it possible to apply the Global upgrade over phone?
What you see on the website is the eventual booking tool for Star Alliance upgrades, a wholly unrelated animal to the Regional/Global upgrade certificates.

Regional and Global upgrades can only be used for Copa flights at this time. The functionality to apply them to United flights is still forthcoming. This is per my call with a ConnectMiles PreferMember telephone agent.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Regional and Global upgrades can only be used for Copa flights at this time. The functionality to apply them to United flights is still forthcoming. This is per my call with a ConnectMiles PreferMember telephone agent.
Thanks for the update.

I wonder if they will extend the current July 2016 instrument expiry since they can't be used as advertised.

Edited to add: I see mine now expire 12/31/16.

The launch absolutely could and should have been fairly smooth, yet ConnectMiles is still a cluster six months later.
If you've ever tried to do anything more complicated than changing the date of a flight through CM customer service, this is no surprise.

Still disappointing though.
Old May 29, 2016, 12:41 am

It woul
Old Jun 3, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EP; UA 1K; AS 75K; CM Plat; SPG Plat; HH Diamond
CM GPU on UA

Reawakening this thread.
Anyone had any luck applying a Copa GPU on UA metal & UA flight code?

Edit: checked some other threads and it looks like at least one person has been able to use their CM GPUs....carry on.

Last edited by caciquejm; Jun 3, 2016 at 2:43 pm Reason: Found updated information
Old Jun 8, 2016, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
...or for that matter a Copa RPU (I don't see that they give GPUs to Plats) certificate on CM metal/code but ticketed on 016 stock?
I'm not having any luck at all.
Need to make a quick decision as to whether to ticket on CM and cancel UA before 24 hrs.

But here's a biggy: I have found it impossible to check in for a CM flight unless using CM number, and then even though they promise to credit your miles to MP and I had BP to prove it, UA will not credit the miles until CM REMOVES THEM (which is reasonable) but THEY (CM) DON"T KNOW HOW TO DO THIS!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by landrew
...or for that matter a Copa RPU (I don't see that they give GPUs to Plats) certificate on CM metal/code but ticketed on 016 stock?
Need to make a quick decision as to whether to ticket on CM and cancel UA before 24 hrs.

But here's a biggy: I have found it impossible to check in for a CM flight unless using CM number, and then even though they promise to credit your miles to MP and I had BP to prove it, UA will not credit the miles until CM REMOVES THEM (which is reasonable) but THEY (CM) DON"T KNOW HOW TO DO THIS!
I have same situation with Lufthansa and Copa flights on same ticket - mileage credit was requested to United however everything has posted to Copa's account and they have no idea how to remove it and of course United is refusing credit as the flights have been posted to Copa
What a mess!
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Have a LH flight coming up and am wondering if I can use my COPA RPU on it. Has anyone applied their COPA RPU to LH flight? Thanks
Old Sep 20, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by landrew

[edits corrected mistyping]
[second edit to be more clear on booking airline]

I can only speak to my (flawless) experience:

Booked 2 one way MSY-ORD nonstop in W class on UA (minimum fare allowed for COPA RUC on UA). Using expert mode on UA.com, made sure R space was available for 2 on that flight (was R3).

Immediately called COPA (ten minute wait) agent answered and messed around a bit then transferred call - immediate answer (@ 8pm/9pm EST may be a less busy time?) with another agent who confirmed application of RUC's. They also recommend I call UA to confirm upgrades. I did call UA and all was set.

Checked UA app, selected FC seats.....pretty painless!

Hope your experience is just as easy!

Last edited by Bradhattan; Sep 20, 2016 at 5:02 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.