Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copa Clubs with United Club Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2016, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Copa Clubs with United Club Card

Last week I was flying from PTY on Copa and at the Copa Club, I was only allowed to bring in my wife and one of 2 year twin sons. Before the creation of the Connect Miles program it was not an issue.

I will let United know my dissapointment as about half the time I travel with my family. If both my sons cannot enter then the United Club membership is not worth it.

Apparently if flying United out of PTY then immediate family would be allowed entry.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by copaflyer
Last week I was flying from PTY on Copa and at the Copa Club, I was only allowed to bring in my wife and one of 2 year twin sons.
They should have allowed your two old. Here's the rule:
Any person over the age of two is considered a guest. Infants under the age of two travelling with an Eligible Customer may accompany them to the lounge in addition to a maximum of one guest.
Star alliance Lounge Access Policy

That lounge is always so overrun with children, it's not like one more would have mattered
Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by copaflyer
Apparently if flying United out of PTY then immediate family would be allowed entry.
I am a United Club member and fly from PTY with my family a lot. I infer from the rules that only United flights allow family privileges. However, my whole family was allowed in multiple times flying Copa fights over the past 5 years.

I was rejected recently at the Copa Club in MDE, and steaming mad read the rules in detail. I don't know if it's a change in rules or I was just lucky before.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Change in rules after Copa left mileageplus. I think the policy is before the their second birthday. I could have got the other in with my priority pass but can only present one credential per person.

As a new silver connect miles member, my wife and I could have been upgraded both ways but we used miles to book the flights. Very few in business class PTY - PUJ in the middle of the day. Flying with my kids the upgrades would have went to the wifes brother and girlfriend (first time flying) but still would have been nice to get the upgrade.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
They should have allowed your two old. Here's the rule:
[INDENT]Any person over the age of two is considered a guest. Infants under the age of two travelling with an Eligible Customer may accompany them to the lounge in addition to a maximum of one guest.
Seems they left out what happens if they actually are two? Neither over nor under? I wonder if the original Spanish is worded more precisely?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Seems they left out what happens if they actually are two? Neither over nor under? I wonder if the original Spanish is worded more precisely?
What "original Spanish?" That's the Star Alliance policy, which is published in English.

"Over two" in common English usage means "three or older."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.