Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Do you believe in second chances? - 15K Bonus Miles Copa Email

Old Jan 14, 16, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*

Complete 4 flight segments and receive 15,000 bonus miles before December 31, 2015.

Donīt miss out on this opportunity exclusively for you to get the most out of your ConnectMiles PreferMember Status!
Email I received a couple of times last year (end of Oct and end of Nov). Basically states that if I fly a total of 4 legs before 31st Dec 2015 on Copa, I will get 15,000 bonus miles. Which is a great deal as I use them a lot.

The only terms that were posted were:

1. The bonus does not apply for the accreditation of points/miles to any other loyalty program. The bonus is exclusively for ConnectMiles members. 2. Miles obtained with the bonus do not apply for qualification towards a preferential status (PreferProgram). 3. Promotion applies only for flights operated by Copa Airlines and Copa Airlines Colombia. 4. Each subscriber can only be awarded with one bonus. 5. Miles obtained with this bonus are non-transferable. 6. The miles will be automatically deposited into your ConnectMiles account 4 to 6 weeks after completing the segments. 7. A flight segment is defined as a flight with one takeoff and one landing. 8. Promotion subject to change without prior notice. Other restrictions may apply. 9. All ConnectMiles terms and conditions apply.
Pretty fantastic!

Anyway, my 4th leg was flown at the end of Nov, its been over 6 weeks, and this bonus has yet to post.

My first call to Copa where I mentioned it (I had a different issue I was trying to resolve), they said it was 4-6 weeks after last segment flown. That call was early last week.

Today, during another call regarding the above issue and also this promotion, they told me that the bonus would not be posted until after the promotion ends (31st Dec 2015) - HUCA.

The 2nd call today on it had the agent saying that we need to enroll to be part of the promotion. There was nothing in the terms about it, nothing in the email itself about enrolling, and then only link in the email (apart from the unsubscribe link) brought you directly to the copaair homepage. It never appeared in the promotions part of my account, to enroll or being part of it.

Has anyone else gotten this bonus offer and has it posted for anyone that completed it?
Old Jan 14, 16, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CM nada
got my 25k though

I don't recall receiving that invite, and a scan of my gmail suggests I didn't.

That scan did turn up another offer I didn't even pay attention to, which I got upon enrolling in ConnectMiles back in May. Fly 10 segments and get 25k miles. It was extended until the end of the year. By sheer coincidence, I wound up with exactly 10 segments. The last was on 5 Dec and the 25k miles were deposited 2 days later.

So, score one for Copa this time.
Old Jan 15, 16, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth View Post
The only terms that were posted were:

...The bonus is exclusively for ConnectMiles members...

The 2nd call today on it had the agent saying that we need to enroll to be part of the promotion. There was nothing in the terms about it, nothing in the email itself about enrolling, and then only link in the email (apart from the unsubscribe link) brought you directly to the copaair homepage. It never appeared in the promotions part of my account, to enroll or being part of it.
Well, how can you be a member of an FFP without enrolling, and how can you get 15000 miles if not a member?

Last edited by KLouis; Jan 15, 16 at 9:52 am
Old Jan 15, 16, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by YadiMolina View Post
I don't recall receiving that invite, and a scan of my gmail suggests I didn't.

That scan did turn up another offer I didn't even pay attention to, which I got upon enrolling in ConnectMiles back in May. Fly 10 segments and get 25k miles. It was extended until the end of the year. By sheer coincidence, I wound up with exactly 10 segments. The last was on 5 Dec and the 25k miles were deposited 2 days later.

So, score one for Copa this time.
Nice one! 2 days - worrying!

Originally Posted by KLouis View Post
Well, how can you be a member of an FFP without enrolling, and how can you get 15000 miles if not a member?

To be fair, they do have promos where a user has to opt into, eg the 10 new destinations 150K challenge - terms:

1. Exclusive offer for ConnectMiles Members. 2. The member must register for the promotion before 03/31/16 at 11:59 pm (CT)...
Old Jan 16, 16, 8:09 pm

Programs: USAirways CHPR , UA 1K M, AA PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Diamond, Holiday Inn.
Collect all the miles you want to but can u use them...

Collect all the miles you want but try cashing them in for air tickets. just spend over 2 hours trying to cash in the miles for air tickets with COPA agents, no such luck!

Try and tell me if you were able to use any miles for any tickets.

Search this Thread