Access United Club via *A Gold from COPA

Old Jan 5, 16, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa gold...lol......now EXP
Access United Club via *A Gold from COPA

Dear FT:

MODS - please move this to UA if more appropriate:

I am platinum on UA and COPA.

Do I have to have my COPA FF# on my 016 boarding pass to get access to United Club domestically?

Can I use Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge (LGA if it matters) with either status?

UA status is expiring at end of month; COPA brand new. While I would fly UA more, maybe I should credit flights to COPA for more miles?

Thank you for any info!
Old Jan 6, 16, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by Bradhattan View Post
Do I have to have my COPA FF# on my 016 boarding pass to get access to United Club domestically?
Maybe. Depends on the agent.

Originally Posted by Bradhattan View Post
Can I use Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge (LGA if it matters) with either status?
*G gets access to MLL if departing on a *A flight.
Old Jan 6, 16, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Hasn't been an issue for me. I just handed the agent my Copa card at the UClub, and then scanned my MP-linked boarding pass afterward (seems to reduce confusion if done in that order - though many still don't recognize the Copa card right away, one even thought it was Continental given the logo!).

Done it several times and have never had an issue (after they realize that Copa is a separate, *gold program)
Old Jan 10, 16, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies!!!! No issues with entry to United clubs. In fact in Chicago, the person checking me in said, "Oh, you have an actual card (when I showed my COPA card). Everyone just shows me a printout."
Old Jan 21, 16, 3:26 pm

Programs: United 1k; M PremPlat, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Hello, how much time did it take to get the physical COPA card? I called COPA CS to request an expedited COPA card delivery a week ago and the agent told me that they practically don't know when the card might be available. It can take make months even, she wasn't able to give me any deadline.
Old Jan 24, 16, 1:44 am
Original Poster

I got my card about 2-3 weeks after getting status (see below). Then I got the welcome kit with luggage tags and another card in late December.

The status match process for me:

I sent email requesting status match mid-October 2015. Didn't hear anything for 2 weeks. I called, put on hold for 15 minutes and they processed. Received Plat for Plat.....I asked for Plat in my original email as allegedly some UA Plats were only getting Gold.
Old Jan 24, 16, 8:31 am

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by illesus View Post
Hello, how much time did it take to get the physical COPA card? I called COPA CS to request an expedited COPA card delivery a week ago and the agent told me that they practically don't know when the card might be available. It can take make months even, she wasn't able to give me any deadline.
I haven't got mine too. Emailed them last December, they said there were some issues with mailing the card. Although I used the digital card they provided and was able to access *G lounges with no problems.
Old Mar 9, 16, 6:51 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
I was matched last Nov. to PLT and have not received anything from CM. When I called to inquire about a physical card I was told to print the one online and everything was done electronically.

I used the digital card to gain access to the UA and SQ lounges in LHR without any problem.
Old Mar 10, 16, 9:09 am

Programs: United 1k; M PremPlat, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
...It can take make months even, she wasn't able to give me any deadline.
Last week I received the physical card
Old Mar 17, 16, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, SPG/Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I was given both Platinum and Presidential Platinum at launch and no cards or anything else were ever sent despite asking so don't get your hopes up.

Search this Thread