Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

How do you book an award ticket on COPA using Connectmiles?

Old Dec 9, 15, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.

On the website, it says, this process is coming soon. So how do you use the COPA connect miles in order to book an award ticket?
Old Dec 9, 15, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by klakhav View Post
On the website, it says, this process is coming soon. So how do you use the COPA connect miles in order to book an award ticket?
You have to call. Buena suerte.
Old Dec 12, 15, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
You have to call. Buena suerte.
No such luck. No availibility - these miles might as well be worth less!
Old Dec 12, 15, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by klakhav View Post
No such luck. No availibility - these miles might as well be worth less!
That is ultimately my concern about crediting any flights to CM. And not so much the award availability (since my redemptions would be on *A partners), but the ability to book given CM's traditionally antiquated IT and awful telephone support.

btw, you should be able to check availability for CM flights and *A partners online using any one of three award booking tools - UA, NH (ANA), or AC (Air Canada Aeroplan).
Old Dec 20, 15, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
That is ultimately my concern about crediting any flights to CM. And not so much the award availability (since my redemptions would be on *A partners), but the ability to book given CM's traditionally antiquated IT and awful telephone support.

btw, you should be able to check availability for CM flights and *A partners online using any one of three award booking tools - UA, NH (ANA), or AC (Air Canada Aeroplan).
this is my concern as well. I would be interested in any reports of members who know there is award space at given level available based on other airline systems but CM says nogo, or vice-versa.

I fly cm almost exclusively now and the upgrades are worth too much to pass on versus the heavily devalued UA program's mileage gain, but I do worry I am getting miles with limited utility. Just the hassle-factor of having to call in every query is a major disincentive, and for the normal user who doesn't verify award space first, must seem almost insurmountable.
Old Dec 20, 15, 5:54 pm

After Copa matched my UA status, I was all ready to start accumulating miles in 2016. Now that I have to buy my first tickets for 2016, reading the posts so far in this thread, have put me in a quandary.

Credit them to CM and find they are unusable, means the miles are wasted..

Credit then to UA and that would mean very few RDM & no status for 2017

What to do? What to do?
Old Dec 26, 15, 11:15 am

Depends on your route but I do see value in the Connectmiles (miles), especially if you plan to use them for Copa flights.

Keep in mind you have to call in and even in Spanish, the booking process can be traumatic if you don't come in prepared.

I have found United.com space to not be very reliable, however, AC's Aeroplan does show me the right thing. All Copa and Avianca Saver Award level shows up accurately.
Old Dec 27, 15, 7:57 am

Programs: United 1K, Copa Presidential Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
it seems that they place me on hold and then the call disconnects, anybody having the same problem? I must say that as much as I never liked United, between all the FF programs I had, they have the beast call center, that is, if you get an agent that knows what s/he's doing! Copa is simply awful in this department, can't imagine being in Asia or something and trying to change an award reservation with them!
Old Dec 28, 15, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by SchrottFly View Post
After Copa matched my UA status, I was all ready to start accumulating miles in 2016. Now that I have to buy my first tickets for 2016, reading the posts so far in this thread, have put me in a quandary.

Credit them to CM and find they are unusable, means the miles are wasted..

Credit then to UA and that would mean very few RDM & no status for 2017

What to do? What to do?
Are any other UA MileagePlus refugees crediting to Copa - in view of the problems in dealing with their call center and redeeming awards? If not, what alternative do you plan to follow?
Old Jan 10, 16, 11:34 am

Programs: USAirways CHPR , UA 1K M, AA PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Diamond, Holiday Inn.
Any success?

Anyone able to book a free ticket on COPA using COPA Connect Miles in Central or South America?
Old Jan 10, 16, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by ACC2008 View Post
Anyone able to book a free ticket on COPA using COPA Connect Miles in Central or South America?
Have booked several award tickets. Wrote about the process in this thread.

For Copa flights everything goes relatively smooth. For Star Alliance flights...it depends.
Old May 19, 16, 9:14 am

Here is my experience booking an US domestic ticket today on the phone. The agent was able to find the United Airlines availability within a couple of minutes. But the entire call took 27 minutes to ticket. There is a $25 admin fee to book the ticket plus the taxes, which is not the $5.60 we are used to seeing. It was $24, so my one way ticket cost $49.
Old May 30, 16, 5:10 pm

I went online today to try to book a flight online. Apparently Copa Credit Card holders get 3500 point discount each way. Very cheap to book to the Carribbean because of that. But I for go the chance of an upgrade using miles but "free" is better.

I still have a few hundred thousand untied miles to burn through. And with the United Club Card I will always be earning more. But it is possible one Copa mile beats 1.5 United miles.
Old May 30, 16, 5:14 pm

All this is based off of economy saver being available. If not United is cheaper.

Search this Thread