Copa Lounge Access MVD

Old Nov 10, 15, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Copa Lounge Access MVD

Hi there, does anyone have experience with Copa and lounge access at MVD? I will be traveling Business Class and I am a Platinum Member as well. Seem that the airport has a VIP Club (which I happen to have access with Priorty Pass, but not for the morning hours that I plan to be there... Priorty Pass holders have limited hours in which they can enter) Any personal experience would be helpful.. (the Club loooks nice and I would like to take advantage..) Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Nov 10, 15, 2:31 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Unfortunately, it seems that Copa no longer has a deal with the VIP Club, though I heard they used to. I was through MVD last month, and like you, as a Platinum and traveling in business class, there was no lounge access for me. It's a small airport (though very nice and modern). It's the only lounge they have, at least for now.

FYI, if you're not in the VIP Club, the only dining options pre-security are a McDonalds on the arrivals level, and one of their McCafes on the departures level. There's also a nice restaurant on the terrace level, but it was closed. Post security, there's one cafeteria with limited options. But the airport's free Wi-Fi works well.
Old Nov 10, 15, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by DarrenChannel View Post
Unfortunately, it seems that Copa no longer has a deal with the VIP Club, though I heard they used to. I was through MVD last month, and like you, as a Platinum and traveling in business class, there was no lounge access for me. It's a small airport (though very nice and modern). It's the only lounge they have, at least for now.

FYI, if you're not in the VIP Club, the only dining options pre-security are a McDonalds on the arrivals level, and one of their McCafes on the departures level. There's also a nice restaurant on the terrace level, but it was closed. Post security, there's one cafeteria with limited options. But the airport's free Wi-Fi works well.
Thanks, that's a shame. And Priorty Pass seems to only be honored between 14:00 to 16:00 and 20:00 to 06:30.... I will give it a whirl anyway
Old Nov 14, 15, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Machine View Post
Thanks, that's a shame. And Priorty Pass seems to only be honored between 14:00 to 16:00 and 20:00 to 06:30.... I will give it a whirl anyway
I can confirm the CM does not provide club access to *Golds or Passengers in Business Class. I was able to access the club, not with my Priorty Pass but from the good nature of an existing member whom invited me as his guest. Nice place, not much options for food in the morning. But if you go to the bar in the rear, there is a wine cooler with some nice brut champagne (method). I self served (as this is the way it works here) and had large sized mimosas all morning Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Nov 19, 15, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
No access for J or StarGold when I was there in June

Search this Thread