Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Copa Connectmiles: How to request deleting flown miles?

Old Sep 29, 15, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, NZ Jade

Hi there,

I recently flew Copa and requested a change of FF number at check-in to earn miles on a different Star carrier. The agent kindly told me they made the change but did not want to re-print a boarding pass for my records. They insisted it was not necessary. Now I see that those miles went to Copa anyways...

I rang the service center only to be told there is no way to delete miles. I have done this with other airlines when this happens. I couldn't find and email for connectmiles so I decided to fill out a feedback form on the website. Automated response says I'll hear back within 15 days.

I was just wondering if someone had any experience with Copa on this this or if they could recommend an better contact method/email.

Cheers
Old Sep 29, 15, 7:51 pm

I guess they may be using LH's "sticky miles" IT feature: Once your M&M account has been entered in a LH reservation, there is no way you can get that out; although you never see that account number anymore after changing the pertinent info (through Internet or an agent, it does not matter!), the miles always get credited to M&M!
Old Sep 30, 15, 3:03 am

So what happens when you first put in M&M# and later ConnectMiles #? WHO WINS?!
Old Oct 1, 15, 3:34 am

That's a tricky question! I have no idea whose number is stickier. You could try it and let us know.
Old Oct 22, 15, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, NZ Jade
Reply from Copa

Reply came in about a month after I sent the request...

"Greetings on behalf of ConnectMilies.

Regarding your request I must inform you that we are not able to remove the earned miles in ConnectMiles.

We recommend our members to verify their boarding pass before the flight in order to validate that their correct frequent flyer number is included.

Best regards,

ConnectMiles

Copa Airlines"

Search this Thread