Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Copa ConnectMiles 150K promo. Who can do it cheapest?

Old Sep 24, 15, 8:17 pm
Ambassador: LAN LANPASS
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avianca Lifemiles Diamond

Did all the Copa members just get the Copa 150K miles promo for visiting 10 Copa destinations?

There are 8 destinations in Colombia and I live in one of them. I just had a look and I can do returns to the other 7 for about 200,000 COP each way. If BOG counts as a destination visited if I fly to it from one of the others then that is US$451 for 8 of my destinations

If I then fly BOG PTY XXX. That's another destination. If they count PTY too then that is 10 destinations and a 150K miles bonus

Cheapest I can find from BOG is AUA via PTY for US$422

So for my 10 destinations, I'd be spending US$873 and getting 150K *A miles

That's 5.8˘/mile. Far cheaper than buying LifeMiles.

Discuss

Here are the terms and conditions (which do not cover the things above that I am unsure of)

Terms and Conditions Apply
1. Exclusive offer for ConnectMiles Members. 2. The member must register for the promotion before 03/31/16 at 11:59 pm (CT). 3. Travel or travels must be completed before 03/31/16 at 11:59 pm (CT). 4. The promotion is valid only to flights taken after the registration. 5. Promotion applies only when flying Copa Airlines and Copa Airlines Colombia. 6. The bonus does not apply to credit points/miles to any other loyalty program. 7. The miles obtained with the bonus do not qualify for a preferential status (PreferProgram). 8. Each subscriber can only earn one bonus. In case the member travels to a number of destinations located between the ranges defined in above graph, the bonus of less mileage will apply. Example, if the member flies to 7 destinations, only the 5 destinations bonus will apply. 9. Not applicable to repeated flights to the same destination. 10. Only the destinations stated in this communication will qualify for this promotion. 11. Schedules and destinations are subject to change. 12. The bonus will be credited in your ConnectMiles account 4 to 6 weeks after the promotion ends. 13. Promotion subject to change without prior notice. Other restrictions may apply. 14. All ConnectMiles terms and conditions apply.
Old Sep 25, 15, 2:16 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
Do you have a link to this offer?
I am just finishing up a similar promotion from QR (Globetrotter, 100k miles).
Are we sure that multi-city (one-way) itineraries qualify? (It did for the QR-campaign).
Are we sure that your hometown qualifies? (It did not for the QR-campaign).

I love these kind of promotions, as you will both experience places you didn't plan on going, and earning miles doing so
Old Sep 25, 15, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sexten View Post
Do you have a link to this offer?
I am just finishing up a similar promotion from QR (Globetrotter, 100k miles).
Are we sure that multi-city (one-way) itineraries qualify? (It did for the QR-campaign).
Are we sure that your hometown qualifies? (It did not for the QR-campaign).

I love these kind of promotions, as you will both experience places you didn't plan on going, and earning miles doing so
Copa's new ConnectMiles website sucks a bit for sharing links, you click the link in an email and it takes you to a login page, then you login and it takes you to a home page, then you have to go back to email and click again, then the description of the promo comes up in a tiny box. It is the same info in the description box that I pasted above

The link from my email is

http://email.connectmiles.com/2PG3-2...-ONR6-1/c.aspx

If you click the above, then log in, then click the above again, it might work. I don't know if that17 digit alphanumeric thing is public or specifically for me. Give it a try

The page doesn't answer my initial uncertainties and does not answer the extra two uncertainties that you raised.

Edit. You could also try to log in to your account and click Promotions in the left hand sidebar
Old Sep 25, 15, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia View Post
Did all the Copa members just get the Copa 150K miles promo for visiting 10 Copa destinations?

I got the promo and I don't think it is that easy. It seems that only new destinations (12 listed) qualify for this promo. Did I read it wrong?
Old Sep 26, 15, 3:56 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
My understanding of the promo is that it's only for flights to any of the 12 new destinations listed in the e-mail ... at least that's how I read it.

But for anyone thinking of trying out Puebla, I recommend against it. (Nice city, but terrible airport in all aspects.) The only reason to use PBC airport (rather than MEX) is if you find a bargain promotional airfare, as I did.
Old Sep 26, 15, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RandD View Post
I got the promo and I don't think it is that easy. It seems that only new destinations (12 listed) qualify for this promo. Did I read it wrong?
Originally Posted by DarrenChannel View Post
My understanding of the promo is that it's only for flights to any of the 12 new destinations listed in the e-mail ... at least that's how I read it.
It's all together a very vague an ambiguous promo. Term 10 states it has to be one of the destinations referenced in the email, I had not spotted that previously. It also states you can fly on Copa or Copa Colombia, odd because unless I am mistaken Copa Colombia does not fly to any of the destinations referenced in the email
Old Sep 26, 15, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
The only thing I found confusing was the definition of 'new' destinations... a route introduced in 2013 doesn't feel particularly 'new' to me.

Otherwise - the wording didn't seem ambiguous - you have to fly to 10 or the 12 listed in the email.

What it doesn't explain is whether you must fly round-trip or if one-way is enough (to combine with an open-jaw or multi-city).
Old Sep 26, 15, 4:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, United Premier Silver, Connect Miles Plat, Marriott Plat,
With much imagination, I can see myself going to maximum 3 of those destinations the next 6 months.
I appreciate the 1K miles I will get for jumping on a flight to handle business in Belize, but I will not be crunching my brain over reaching anything more than that.

Pretty useless promotion, and I doubt anyone will hit 10 such varied destinations.
Old Sep 27, 15, 2:33 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
I'm located in Europe, but love these kind of promotions. So if it was 10 destinations within all of Copa's network I would probably have travelled just to finish the promo (and experience all the nice countries as a bonus).

But when it is limited to these few (and uninspiring) destinations, it is not very interesting at all.
Old Nov 12, 15, 12:51 am

Programs: CM PP DL GM
You have to fly to destinations that are on the list so far for me MSY and SFO and FLL is next , will look for other destinations
Old May 14, 16, 10:13 am

Programs: UA Gold, CM nada
Winner!

Was this the only one?

Old May 17, 16, 2:36 pm

Programs: USAirways CHPR , UA 1K M, AA PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Diamond, Holiday Inn.
Anyone?

Has anyone gotten any miles out of this promo?

Search this Thread