Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copa announced ConnectMiles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Call them.

When did you get 1K on UA? If it was after the end June 2015 then they would have had an older file from UA with your "Current" status on it.

They will probably direct you to email them with screenshots of your UA status
Old Sep 27, 2015, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Thanks for the advice but I have had 1K status since 2008 every year.
I am not certain how much access Copa has towards United Mileage plus systems. What I do not have a lot of reservations within Latin America. I do have plenty out of Latin America to North America.

I will call them again tomorrow and see if they can up my status.

I was just hoping someone else may have had similar experience and can shed some light.

Thanks
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Call them.

When did you get 1K on UA? If it was after the end June 2015 then they would have had an older file from UA with your "Current" status on it.

They will probably direct you to email them with screenshots of your UA status
Old Sep 27, 2015, 9:04 pm

My unproven theory is they stopped matching to PrePlat after the first couple of weeks.

Based on multiple reports of 1K and EXPs getting Platinum when early on we were getting PrePlat.

If that's the case, they may start limiting PrePlat to only challenges or something similar.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 3:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
My unproven theory is they stopped matching to PrePlat after the first couple of weeks.

Based on multiple reports of 1K and EXPs getting Platinum when early on we were getting PrePlat.

If that's the case, they may start limiting PrePlat to only challenges or something similar.
I bet they stop giving upgrades too, now that the bloggers have a hold of this.

My theory is that Presidential Plat match requires a history of actually flying on Copa. I suspect the early posters here had that history.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Kacee
I bet they stop giving upgrades too, now that the bloggers have a hold of this.
How much?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Has anyone asked for, and received a match from AS MVPG75K?

I have Gold on UA, but maybe CM will match to the higher status.
Just wanted to give an update.

I sent in my Alaska MVPG75K card and a copy of my online statement. I was matched to CM Gold. Late last week I emailed back explaining that MVPG75K is closer to Platinum and would they reconsider.

I received an email today showing my new status as Platinum.

Just FYI, if you can't see your CM itineraries under your connect miles dashboard, you can view them at m.copaair.com to see if the mileage number is entered correctly.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:43 pm

Have they put a halt to the matching program? I sent my request on Tuesday and have got an email saying
Greeting on behalf of ConnectMiles.
We are developing a new product to assign PreferMember status in ConnectMiles. Please contact us at the end of the the year in order review your request.
We appreciate your interest in our loyalty program.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
FWIW I just got email confirmation of my match today. Sent it in ~10 days ago. 1K matched to PresPlat, 9 total upgrade certs showing in my account.

Last edited by milesmuncher; Oct 2, 2015 at 2:57 pm Reason: Correcting mistake
Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:19 pm

Time to get a dedicated Copa / ConnectMiles forum?

Instead of being lumped with "other"?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: AS GOLD MVP 75k, DL SILVER, PRIORITY CLUB PLATINUM
Originally Posted by Speedbird84
Have they put a halt to the matching program? I sent my request on Tuesday and have got an email saying
I tried to match MVP 75k and received "denied" email today.

"Please contact us at the end of the year in order review your request.

We appreciate your interest in our loyalty program and invite you to include your ConnectMiles number when you book your travel on Copa Airlines and our partners to earn miles and enjoy benefits."
Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by bgriz18
I don't know if anyone else got matched with Etihad other than me but my match to Copa is only to end of 2015. My plan is to match Etihad or Copa to Turkish next which is good for 2ys from matching date. You can also match Etihad to Alitalia for SkyTeam which should be good for how ever long your Etihad status if for.
Denied the match as Etihad isn't in the "region," so I'll also try Turkish. Just would've been nice to get the upgrades as I do actually travel with Copa a bit.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dtokuda
Denied the match as Etihad isn't in the "region," so I'll also try Turkish. Just would've been nice to get the upgrades as I do actually travel with Copa a bit.
Avianca Brazil is doing matches too. I decided to go for that instead of Turkish, ill save that one for later.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...tus-match.html
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, EY GLD, CM PP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Platinum
Time for Dedicated COPA/CONNECT Miles Forum

Originally Posted by SchrottFly
Instead of being lumped with "other"?
I concur Schrottfly, I'd like to see a dedicated forum to COPA/CONNECT MILES also. A case can be made given thier recent moves.

Last edited by GrandTower; Oct 6, 2015 at 1:31 pm
Old Oct 6, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
Seconded.

Copa looks like they will up their game to become a major player in Latin America
and the Caribbean.

It would be nice if they had their own forum.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:25 am

Programs: AA EXP/UA 1K/DL P/TP GOLD/BA GOLD/HH Diamond/Shangri-la Diamond/Marriott P
Hey guys I've got my platinum pack earlier today!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.