Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Which COPA routes and Flight Numbers fly the new 737-800 with the Sky Interior

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which COPA routes and Flight Numbers fly the new 737-800 with the Sky Interior

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by bridge29
Yep, no new plane on this route.

But oddly, I was in a new Sky Interior plane on PTY-MBJ. Side note: don't ever try to connect in MBJ with only a 1.5 hour layover.
Why would you connect in MBJ in the first place?

I flew the new sky interior on the 6.48pm departure from PTY to MEX the other day.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Milkman
Why would you connect in MBJ in the first place?

I flew the new sky interior on the 6.48pm departure from PTY to MEX the other day.
It was a Mileage Plus Saver award flight. 65,000 miles first class RT to PTY? Yes please. Didn't think MBJ would be such a hassle, but thanks to some nice customs folks, I made it.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Something has been puzzling me for a while, but my recent MEX-PTY-GEO/POS-PTY-MEX confirmed it.

Copa currently has 3 different layouts of J class:

1)One is the very outdated product with old business seat, no IFE, no Sky Interior, old overhead lockers etc.
2)Then there is a sort of "in between" product that has the Sky Interior and new overhead lockers that you push up to close. Still no IFE, however, and the seat is not as advanced as the last generation.
3)Finally the nice, new layout that has a lovely new seat with footrest and IFE, Sky Interior etc.

I had cabin 1 on the PTY-MEX sector, cabin 2 on the PTY-GEO sector and cabin 3 on MEX-PTY and POS-PTY sectors.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
1)One is the very outdated product with old business seat, no IFE, no Sky Interior, old overhead lockers etc.
2)Then there is a sort of "in between" product that has the Sky Interior and new overhead lockers that you push up to close. Still no IFE, however, and the seat is not as advanced as the last generation.
3)Finally the nice, new layout that has a lovely new seat with footrest and IFE, Sky Interior etc..
I think (but am not 100% sure) that #1 on your list is the 737-700, which has only 12 F seats, and they are indeed not so great. I believe that all of the -800's are sky interior with 16 F seats. The -A planes have the regular seats while the -B's have the new ones.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by coolcoil
I think (but am not 100% sure) that #1 on your list is the 737-700, which has only 12 F seats, and they are indeed not so great. I believe that all of the -800's are sky interior with 16 F seats. The -A planes have the regular seats while the -B's have the new ones.
It did indeed have 16 F seats. Also, 737-800 is the standard equipment on all MEX flights and I have never seen the 700. Ive flown this segment 15 times this year, all on 800.

Its been ages since I saw this old layout so I was actually very surprised that it was still in service.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:59 pm

It did indeed have 16 F seats. Also, 737-800 is the standard equipment on all MEX flights and I have never seen the 700. Ive flown this segment 15 times this year, all on 800.

Its been ages since I saw this old layout so I was actually very surprised that it was still in service.
The Gods made me pay for doubting you. I flew PTY-ORD this week on a -800 and got the old-school non-Sky Interior version. I knew it was not going to be a -B version, but I was disappointed that it wasn't even Sky Interior with decent seats. Of course, the return flight from IAD was on the -700, so no love at all for me from CM on this trip.

Also, and not related, the ice cream was so hard on the IAD-PTY flight that I broke the dish due to the force I was using on the spoon.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 9:28 pm

The Gods made me pay for doubting you. I flew PTY-ORD this week on a -800 and got the old-school non-Sky Interior version. I knew it was not going to be a -B version, but I was disappointed that it wasn't even Sky Interior with decent seats. Of course, the return flight from IAD was on the -700, so no love at all for me from CM on this trip.

Also, and not related, the ice cream was so hard on the IAD-PTY flight that I broke the dish due to the force I was using on the spoon.
That is some trip in the old business seat! How long is the flight?

I tend to skip the ice cream that CM serves. I'm impressed though, that you managed to break the dish!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:21 am

That is some trip in the old business seat! How long is the flight?

I tend to skip the ice cream that CM serves. I'm impressed though, that you managed to break the dish!
It's actually not that long. Officially, it's 5:32, but due to the usual COPA schedule padding, we got in 30 minutes early. The official flight time is only 42 minutes longer than PTY-IAD. Due to the following day's schedule, I really needed to sleep on that flight, so I downed a whiskey and a Unisom and got some decent sleep (at least I was unconscious).

I usually skip the ice cream too, but I was really hungry. They may have changed brands from IAD, as the flavor was actually good. They also went to a better-quality single-serving sauce. That's why I was working so hard to get a spoonful!
Old Oct 16, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA;SAA;USA
Flying LAX-PTY on CM472 and PTY-SCL on CM174, executive class, Nov. 17. Are these flights equipped with the old or new Sky Interiors?

Thanks, Bill
Old Oct 17, 2014, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by ssawjo
Flying LAX-PTY on CM472 and PTY-SCL on CM174, executive class, Nov. 17. Are these flights equipped with the old or new Sky Interiors?
These will almost certainly be the new interiors, but there's never a 100% guarantee. Check to see if the economy seat map has a row 11. If not, then you're good. Of course, last-minute equipment changes are always a possibility.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:14 am

seat map

How do you check the seat map? I'm in C class on IAD PTY on the pm flight on 20November and want to check. I realize if row 11 is there then we have the old aircraft and thus the bad seats up front ... but when I go to copa.com I can't get to a coach seat map since I am in C ....
Old Oct 25, 2014, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by ordflyboy
How do you check the seat map? I'm in C class on IAD PTY on the pm flight on 20November and want to check. I realize if row 11 is there then we have the old aircraft and thus the bad seats up front ... but when I go to copa.com I can't get to a coach seat map since I am in C ....
Just go through the process of searching the same flights as if you were looking for a reservation in coach. You will be able to see the seat maps during that process. Stop before you actually make the reservation.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Nat'l Exec
*deleted*

Last edited by CObigtimefan; Mar 22, 2015 at 11:32 am
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:23 pm

I flew the new version on PTY-SJO-TGU sector yesterday. Funny route for this configuration which I believe should be used on more premium destinations in the US, Brazil, Argentina, Lima, Santiago de Chile etc.

We were only 3 passengers in J on the SJO-TGU sector.

It was also my first approach to the infamous Toncontin in a 737 and frankly I didnt see what all the fuss is about. Not very different from the AT7 or E90 that Avianca typically uses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.