Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

What was the most Elites you have seen on one flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Silver-finally, HH Gold, GP, and a host of others

Flying from PHX to IAH yesterday.

12 Upgraded
42 Stuck on the list.

Elite boarding was a mess. This would have been a good time to board by Elite color.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
saw 78 one time EWR-IAH, I was glad I was on paid F that trip or I'd have never gotten the upgrade
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
don't know th exact number, but once I was flying from SNA-EWR and the GA announced boarding:

"As this flight is entirely full with Elite passengers, we will board by row number!!"

No kidding! It was about 2 years ago. Everyone just burst out laughing and actually conformed, boarding by row numbers as she called them out! Hilarious. It was the ONE time I was in paid F on that route- yee! ha!
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:14 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Similar load on a Friday afternoon IAH-CLE flight.

Except "We will board coach by elite status, OnePass Platinum and SkyTeam Elite Plus, followed by OnePass Gold, then silver."

The GA actually kicked a line jumper a couple spots ahead of me.
"I'm sorry, we're only boarding platinum elites at this time."
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:20 pm

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Billiken
Similar load on a Friday afternoon IAH-CLE flight.

Except "We will board coach by elite status, OnePass Platinum and SkyTeam Elite Plus, followed by OnePass Gold, then silver."

The GA actually kicked a line jumper a couple spots ahead of me.
"I'm sorry, we're only boarding platinum elites at this time."
Nice ^
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
IAH-DFW on a Mon morning where the announcement went something like this "Since almost all of you are elites, we'll be boarding by rows". They did board First class first, but no elite boarding.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:28 pm

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by baglady
IAH-DFW on a Mon morning where the announcement went something like this "Since almost all of you are elites, we'll be boarding by rows". They did board First class first, but no elite boarding.
This is the worst way to board, but wouldn't be as bad if it was done front to back...but as in past experiences it back to front meaning every ma & pa kettle take up the overhead bins before the elite section even gets seated.

I wish there was a standard CO policy when they decide to board this way.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by baglady
I had this once on a Monday morning EWR-SFO flight. The upgrade / elite list when printed out and held out by the GA was longer than she was tall. I think that there were over 100 elites. They boarded by row. As a Platinum seated in the exit row I was VERY lucky not to have to check my bag. This was NOT the way to board an aircraft full of elite members. I believe there were only 5 or 6 people on the flight who were not elite.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by xyzzy
I believe there were only 5 or 6 people on the flight who were not elite.
Maybe in some way, therefore, we peons are the true elite...the few...the proud...the un-upgraded
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
Maybe in some way, therefore, we peons are the true elite...the few...the proud...the un-upgraded
on some routes that is true
Old Feb 27, 2009, 4:59 pm

A entire 757... The agent said they would not preboard elites since everyone was a elite. Of course not a single person listened and they all tried to board after F class was called. We had to get two police officers to help us, one on the plane and one at the top. It really was sad to see, and it took over an hour to board the plane. Also, after about 40 people were in the back we had to check all roller boards.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by COEWRFA
A entire 757... The agent said they would not preboard elites since everyone was a elite. Of course not a single person listened and they all tried to board after F class was called. We had to get two police officers to help us, one on the plane and one at the top. It really was sad to see, and it took over an hour to board the plane. Also, after about 40 people were in the back we had to check all roller boards.
sad state that elites would act like this
Old Feb 27, 2009, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
This is the worst way to board, but wouldn't be as bad if it was done front to back...but as in past experiences it back to front meaning every ma & pa kettle take up the overhead bins before the elite section even gets seated.

I wish there was a standard CO policy when they decide to board this way.
Actually no as I said in my previous post, it's the Elites that take up all the overhead bin space and cause the most problems. Just because you're an Elite member doesn't entitle you to everything on the plane, including bin space. Those "Ma & Pa Kettle" deserve the space just as much as YOU.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Steph3n
sad state that elites would act like this
The really sad part is that this is not a rare occurrence.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Steph3n
on some routes that is true
Sometimes, now, we're even the upgraded, with the new exclusive PPU (Pay-Per-Upgrade) upgrade program available only to OPeons...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.