Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

OnePass Plus and Presidential Plus Cards – New Look, More Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010, 6:46 am
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Hi Everyone, there’s been a lot of talk this week about the re-launch of our Continental Chase credit cards, and wanted to share with you some of the key details.

First of all, our Continental Airlines World MasterCard will be re-launched as the Continental Airlines OnePass Plus Card, and will have a new look. Our Continental Airlines Presidential Plus Card will keep its name, but will be sporting a new look as well. This re-launch is more than just a new look for these cards, though – we’re adding a slew of benefits you’ve been asking for, too. These new benefits are in addition to those that are already in place with these cards. Nothing’s going away – we’re only adding. Here’s a summary of the new exclusive benefits we’re adding to both cards:
  1. Luxury Hotels and Resorts Collection. Get extra benefits such as food and beverage credits, upgrades and special amenities at over 650 of the world’s finest hotels and resorts with Chase’s new Luxury Hotel and Resort Collection. For a complete list of properties, amenities, and information about how to book, go to LHRcollection.com. Online booking capability will be added later this summer.

2. More ways to use your miles. Cardmembers will have the additional option to use their OnePass miles for rental cars and hotels at continental.com/carandhotelrewards, and will also have access to private OnePass auctions for once-in-a-lifetime experiences ranging from aircraft delivery flights to private concerts.

3. For Elite members, Elite upgrades on OnePass rewards. This will be introduced next year. For more details, see my post from earlier this week.

4. New Protection Benefits. From purchase protection for purchases made within 90 days to extended warranty to primary collision damage waiver coverage for car rentals, we’ve made a lot of improvements designed to give you extra piece of mind.
In addition to the above, we'll be introducing some new incentives for using your card.
  1. OnePass Plus cardmembers will get 10,000 bonus miles each calendar year they spend at least $25,000 on the card. For 2010, this only applies to spend from Jun. 1 to Dec. 31. For 2011 onward, it'll be for spend Jan. 1 to Dec. 31.

2. Presidential Plus cardmembers will get 1,000 Flexible Elite Qualification Miles (EQMs) to boost their Elite status for every $5,000 spent on the card. This starts June 1, 2010. With this change, we’ll also be removing the annual caps and resets. We’ll also soon be moving the tracking of your Flexible EQMs to your OnePass statement instead of your credit card statement.
Already a cardmember? No action will be required on your part if you already have a Continental World MasterCard or Presidential Plus card. Marketing materials with more information are in the mail now, and new cards will be sent between June and September. Regardless of whether you’ve received your new card, you’ll still have access to these benefits. If you have a Chase credit card, but don’t have one of these two cards, you can call the number on the back of the card to switch your account.

Also, important to note, the annual fee for Presidential Plus has increased to $395 per year, however, existing Presidential Plus cardmembers will maintain the $375 annual fee until further notice. In addition, Lifetime Presidents Club members will continue to enjoy a discounted $100 annual fee.

Not a cardmember… yet? Be sure to check out mycontinentalcards.com for more details and application information.

I think that about covers it for now. I'm sure there are more questions, so please post them here. Thanks as always for your feedback.

Last edited by UA Insider; Jun 4, 2010 at 3:03 pm Reason: clarification re: OnePass Plus spend incentive
Old Jun 3, 2010, 6:59 am

Location: KFST (Nrst=KMAF) or wherever the airplane just took me from there.; PWP Botmaster
Programs: Pre Merger - CO Plat/1MM/STAR. Post Merger - UA 1K/2MM.
Originally Posted by CO Insider
however, existing Presidential Plus cardmembers will maintain the $375 annual fee until further notice.
Excellent news. ^

Thank you, Scott!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:16 am

So I'm wondering, I surpassed 15k about a month ago, but haven't paid the bill yet (Due day is 6/6). The flex miles relating to the 15k spent have not yet posted to my Onepass account. I'm assuming they will...eventually.

Now, the amount that I spent over the 15k, I'm guessing will not count towards any flex miles, and will sort of be wasted, since it was spent before June 1. If that's the case, that kind of stinks, being as I'm talking about around 8k spent in that time frame. I'm sure most people are in the same situation.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Good stuff, thanks.

Two quick questions.
  • Do the FlexEQM's ever expire, e.g. if the card is canceled or do they remain in the account?
  • With the new FlexEQM system on June 1 - if we're mid flexEQM earnings does the clock go back to 0 or are the old balances pushed into the new system?

Thanks for keeping the rate the same for existing cardholders. For the time being.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:18 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Thanks.

Quick question. If there are current promotions on my existing card (like 30 purchases per month giving bonus of 2500 miles) will switching to the new card make those invalid in any way? In the terms of that offer it said something like needing to have the exact same card through out the promo.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:26 am

Location: Midland, by way of Odessa, by way of El Paso, by way of Abuja, by way of Mexico City, by way of...
Programs: Aadvantage Exec Plat, AmEx Platinum, Hilton Diamond, United Club, Admiral's Club
My favorite part here is the 50% increase in EQMs and the decrease in the threshold for earning them from 15,000 to 5000. I spend 20-25,000 a year on the car, so that should get me an extra 2000-3000 EQM. Awesome!

It looks the Presidential Plus card is being positioned as a direct competitor to the Amex Plat, which I may get around to canceling soon.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: Flying Nut
Thanks for keeping us updated Scott!!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
I saw the new ads in the PClub at DFW and one of the front desk agents was very positive on it when I said I like the new ad, he sounded like he wanted it himself
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
This is just too alluring. I just converted my OnePass Visa to the PP card.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bonehead
This is just too alluring. I just converted my OnePass Visa to the PP card.
I'm thinking of doing the same. Does anyone know if the annual fee is reduced if I have a standard PClub membership that expires in December?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:38 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by CO Insider
Also, important to note, the annual fee for Presidential Plus has increased to $395 per year, however, existing Presidential Plus cardmembers will maintain the $375 annual fee until further notice. In addition, Lifetime Presidents Club members will continue to enjoy a discounted $100 annual fee.
Excellent news -- thanks Scott!

I assume that anyone who applies today would for a new account would be subject to the higher annual fee?

Last edited by J.Edward; Jun 3, 2010 at 7:45 am
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sdm1130
I'm thinking of doing the same. Does anyone know if the annual fee is reduced if I have a standard PClub membership that expires in December?
I believe that you get reimbursed for the remaining time on your PC membership.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:40 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by sdm1130
I believe you get a refund for the unused portion of the membership.

Scott...huge thumbs up on the new benefits...great stuff man! ^ ^ ^

Location: KFST (Nrst=KMAF) or wherever the airplane just took me from there.; PWP Botmaster
Programs: Pre Merger - CO Plat/1MM/STAR. Post Merger - UA 1K/2MM.
Originally Posted by Bonehead
I believe that you get reimbursed for the remaining time on your PC membership.
This is correct.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
I might actually consider getting the card now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.