Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2010, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

ELITE UPGRADES ON REWARD TICKETS: Chase is not responsible for fulfillment [merged]

That's in the fine print now of CO Chase CC offers. Of course the link they send you to is the generic elite upgrade page and it still explicitly excludes reward flights. Considering competition it wouldn't surprise me too much if CO is going to offer this. But are they?? Anyone have any insight?

Read it in the fine print here: http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...?&offer=OPP25#. It is also showing on the PPlus card: http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...px?offer=PPC01.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM

Here's hoping!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium
elite level upgrade

i'm flew over the weekend and was intrigued to see the presidential plus credit card ad in the inside back cover of the june continental magazine. it sounds like the targeted offer from april: if you acquire the card, your elite level is bumped up one. of course, the website they recerence in the ad is bogus (presidentialplus.com). there's no mention of this feature on the link from sbm either.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by mc0107
i'm flew over the weekend and was intrigued to see the presidential plus credit card ad in the inside back cover of the june continental magazine. it sounds like the targeted offer from april: if you acquire the card, your elite level is bumped up one. of course, the website they recerence in the ad is bogus (presidentialplus.com). there's no mention of this feature on the link from sbm either.
I saw that ad on a flight on Sunday. I took it to mean that you could use your flex EQM's to upgrade your elite level, but it was far from clear, so who knows.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
very interesting.

i had not looked at the credit card pages in a while, and wow! they are clearly starting the transition. it looks promising.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:08 pm

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Is it me or have they removed any reference to Upgrades on Reward Tickets??? I swear I saw it earlier on and now it looks like it is gone...must have been a "purported" offer.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:27 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Elite Upgrades on OnePass Rewards - the details

Can't get anything past you, sbm12!

Yes, it's true, at the beginning of next year, we'll be adding a new Elite reward ticket upgrade benefit exclusively for our Continental Chase Presidential Plus and OnePass Plus MasterCard members (OnePass Plus is the new name what is currently known as World MasterCard). Once effective, customers who have one of these credit cards will have their complimentary Elite upgrade benefits extended to OnePass reward tickets. Here are some of the key points:
  1. The Elite upgrade boundaries are similar to revenue tickets. This upgrade benefit will apply to the same flights where we offer complimentary Elite upgrades for paid tickets. It will only apply, however, to flights operated by Continental.

2. The prioritization of these upgrades will be similar, too. Reward ticket upgrades will be prioritized within each respective Elite tier, just behind the lowest revenue fare class. And because I know you’re going to ask, EasyPass rewards won’t be considered eligible for instant upgrades.

3. It’s for Presidential Plus and OnePass Plus MasterCard cardmembers only. This benefit will not not extend to any other Continental credit or debit card.

4. This is a OnePass benefit for the primary cardmember only. This means that in order to take advantage of this benefit, the OnePass reward tickets have to be redeemed and used by the Elite member, and the Elite member has to be the primary cardmember. This will not extend to rewards redeemed for other individuals, rewards redeemed from anything other than the primary cardmember’s OnePass account, nor will it apply to additional cardmembers.

5. Platinum and Gold Companions benefit will still apply. This policy will mirror what we do for revenue tickets.
I think that covers it, but if you have any questions, post ‘em here. We’re glad to be adding this new benefit, and hope you’ll be able to take advantage of it.

Last edited by UA Insider; Jun 1, 2010 at 3:21 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Sucks that it is another Chase-only benefit. Otherwise, good news.

The text has been pulled from the promo pages for now; I'm guessing it will come back closer to when they actually offer the benefit. And if the CO folks want to finish the clean-up effort needed because of the new cards try clicking on the other 3 tabs for CCs being offered on that same page. The results in the tab names are pretty entertaining and horribly inconsistent.

ETA: Full credit for finding it should go to bdraco who copied the T&C this morning in this post. I just recognized the exciting news.

Last edited by sbm12; Jun 1, 2010 at 3:03 pm
Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by CO Insider
Can't get anything past you, sbm12!

Yes, it's true, at the beginning of next year, we'll be adding a new Elite reward ticket upgrade benefit exclusively for our Continental Chase Presidential Plus and OnePass Plus MasterCard members (OnePass Plus is the new name what is currently known as World MasterCard). Once effective, customers who have one of these credit cards will have their complimentary Elite upgrade benefits extended to OnePass reward tickets. Here are some of the key points:
  1. The Elite upgrade boundaries are similar to revenue tickets. This upgrade benefit will apply to the same flights where we offer complimentary Elite upgrades for paid tickets. It will only apply, however, to flights operated by Continental.

2. The prioritization of these upgrades will be similar, too. Reward ticket upgrades will be prioritized within each respective Elite tier, just behind the lowest revenue fare class. And because I know you’re going to ask, EasyPass rewards won’t be considered eligible for instant upgrades.

3. It’s for Presidential Plus and OnePass Plus MasterCard cardmembers only. This benefit will not not extend to any other Continental credit or debit card.

4. This will is a OnePass benefit for the primary cardmember only. This means that in order to take advantage of this benefit, the OnePass reward tickets have to be redeemed and used by the Elite member, and the Elite member has to be the primary cardmember. This will not extend to rewards redeemed for other individuals, rewards redeemed from anything other than the primary cardmember’s OnePass account, nor will it apply to additional cardmembers.

5. Platinum and Gold Companions benefit will still apply. This policy will mirror what we do for revenue tickets.
I think that covers it, but if you have any questions, post ‘em here. We’re glad to be adding this new benefit, and hope you’ll be able to take advantage of it.
This sounds like it will be a very nice benefit!^
Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Interesting development. Thanks for the official update.

Just curious -- does the existing policy of dropping people off the waitlist when a seat couldn't be confirmed in their paid-for, but unconfirmed, cabin of travel prior to the opening of the EUA's still exist? And if it does, where do these folks fall on the wait-list, and can they be added prior to everyone else who booked a whY ticket getting a chance at an upgrade / buy-up (assuming the person is a First Bank of Cardholder)?

Or will people who actually paid for the seats in a premium cabin receive some sort of priority in getting those seats when they are opened up for the EUA runs?

And where do the companions fall in regards to priority in this scenario?

Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Nice benefits, but does anyone else get the feeling that most airlines, in 10 years, will basically be CC brokers that also own a couple of planes?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:52 pm

Programs: CO One Pass Hipster, *G, Expedia Elite Plus, :rolleyes: Premier Exec.
Thanks Scott!

Question: To add a companion to the upgrade list, will the companion have to be on a revenue tkt, or can he/she be on a reward tkt as well? IIRC right now a companion must be on a rev tkt, correct?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
For prioritizing, it looks like revenue tickets first (which it should be) then the cards. Is the Presidential Plus card ranked ahead of the OnePass Plus card?

don't want to confuse anyone - boy was this post off.

Last edited by trm2; Jun 2, 2010 at 8:39 am
Old Jun 1, 2010, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trm2
For prioritizing, it looks like revenue tickets first (which it should be) then the cards. Is the Presidential Plus card ranked ahead of the OnePass Plus card?

so, something like this:
Revenue Plat
Revenue Gold
Revenue Silver
Presidential Plus Plat
Presidential Plus Gold
Presidential Plus Silver
OnePass Plus Plat
OnePass Plus Gold
OnePass Plus Silver

plus all of the variations with companions, etc.
That is not at all how I read CO Insider's post. I'm reading it as the fare bucket "X" which is the coach reward will be added to the eligible fares for EUA assuming the passenger has a flag in their account for Chase card primary cardholder. It will be at the end of the line, after L but otherwise within the elite hierarchy.

Simply holding a PPlus or OP+ card alone won't get you anything with respect to upgrades.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 3:02 pm

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by sbm12
That is not at all how I read CO Insider's post. I'm reading it as the fare bucket "X" which is the coach reward will be added to the eligible fares for EUA assuming the passenger has a flag in their account for Chase card primary cardholder. It will be at the end of the line, after L but otherwise within the elite hierarchy.

Simply holding a PPlus or OP+ card alone won't get you anything with respect to upgrades.
+1. I think you interpreted it correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.