Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

HeathrowGuy said CHANGE is coming to CO, and so it came!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HeathrowGuy said CHANGE is coming to CO, and so it came!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Exclamation HeathrowGuy said CHANGE is coming to CO, and so it came!

I was mocked and ridiculed for my fervent belief that change is coming to CO. Now, many a CO FTer is picking his or her jaw off the floor. Mind the signature line, and prepare.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

P.S. Who wants to bet against my prediction we'll have United Economy Plus access by mid-2010?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:48 pm
RNE

You're going to dethrone me as resident megalomaniac if you keep this up.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:07 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
You're going to dethrone me as resident megalomaniac if you keep this up.
I think your "title" is safe...for the time being...
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:22 pm
xFF

Programs: UA lifetime 1K
I never doubted that change is afoot. I'm just not sure it's all for the better, in some measure because I view UA as a company that will screw its customers by accident, if they don't screw them on purpose.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
I was mocked and ridiculed for my fervent belief that change is coming to CO. Now, many a CO FTer is picking his or her jaw off the floor. Mind the signature line, and prepare.
Aren't you the same person who said they've move out of the country if BHO won the presidency?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:30 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by xFF
I never doubted that change is afoot. I'm just not sure it's all for the better, in some measure because I view UA as a company that will screw its customers by accident, if they don't screw them on purpose.
Which is precisely why my mile earning will shift to CO next year instead of DL. The *a cities work best for me (i.e. SFO/PHX) and I can finally earn CO miles and chill in the local lounges. My only problem: UA + US charge for wifi and booze. Really. Without wifi/booze what value does a lounge provide?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
With all due respect, you proposed there would be total alignment with UA, likely to include harmonized upgrades - nothing in today's announcement indicates any such changes, nor do I expect these changes to occur.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX
I think your "title" is safe...for the time being...
Yes...these were FOR THE MOST PART good changes but they are not done yet (I remember how we were all dancing after Elite Access was announced and the gauntlet fell a few days later)....however there are several increases in mileage required and some rewards are quite pricey relative to some other * Carriers.

P.S. Who wants to bet against my prediction we'll have United Economy Plus access by mid-2010?
What will CO be able to offer UA elites that is meaningful if that is the case?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bocastephen
With all due respect, you proposed there would be total alignment with UA, likely to include harmonized upgrades - nothing in today's announcement indicates any such changes, nor do I expect these changes to occur.
I'm a fairly patient guy -- and more to the point, as a politico at heart, I am by nature a fan of the month of October. Ya know, that month tends to yield plenty of surprises...
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Renard
Yes...these were FOR THE MOST PART good changes but they are not done yet (I remember how we were all dancing after Elite Access was announced and the gauntlet fell a few days later)....however there are several increases in mileage required and some rewards are quite pricey relative to some other * Carriers.

What will CO be able to offer UA elites that is meaningful if that is the case?
Access to CO exit row/"preferred" seats and the ability to upgrade on CO flights on the same or similar terms as COers, at least on Y/B/M fares.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 8:18 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Really. Without wifi/booze what value does a lounge provide?
My Dear - I can give you a very cogent argument for managing perfectly adequatelu without the WiFi!

With the sort of men that I see on Continental in general and in the EWR lounge in particular I do not need to look at a screen!!
Old Sep 11, 2009, 9:06 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Access to CO exit row/"preferred" seats and the ability to upgrade on CO flights on the same or similar terms as COers, at least on Y/B/M fares.
I highly doubt this - perhaps upgrades on full Y (to be processed after CO complimentary Elite upgrades), but unless CO Elites get the same on UA, then you're going to see a major uprising on the board.

UA Elites should NOT be given access to CO exit rows or preferred seating unless CO Elites are given access to E+.

There will be a huge uprising here if UA people are given benefits on CO that CO Elites cannot equal when flying UA.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
There will be a huge uprising here if UA people are given benefits on CO that CO Elites cannot equal when flying UA.
Other than the exit rows CO's "elite" seating is the same as E-; we already get that today when flying on UA.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
Other than the exit rows CO's "elite" seating is the same as E-; we already get that today when flying on UA.
Unless we get access to UA exit rows, they should not get access to ours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.