Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

are hybrid golf bags covered under co's travel bag policy?

Old Sep 9, 09, 11:28 am
Original Poster

under the sports equip section, continental mentioned that a rigid case is needed to cover golf equipment.

since full hard cases aren't easy to transport, i've seen the following bag- is this suitable? i can understand why co wants a rigid bag- but from what i understand damage occurs in a softbag when weight of the bag is put on the driver thereby snapping the shaft- this should protect it. the remainder of the shaft/grip is protected by the bag/padding- anyone have any clue/idea?

Old Sep 9, 09, 11:33 am

Programs: UA Silver; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum
I have a very similar bag and have never had an issue. I see tons of people with these all the time. I have even seen people with very thin nylon bags covering their golf bag travel without a problem. You should be fine.
Old Sep 9, 09, 11:33 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I travel pretty frequently with golf clubs in a soft case and have not had any problems thus far. The case you show should be more than adequate...it's more protective than anything I've flown with.

Search this Thread