Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ord silliness ....end in sight?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Prem, DL Plat, CO Plat, Torrid Diva,Rascal House (free cookies!), TWA Ambassador 183506503
ord silliness ....end in sight?

So I went to fly my usual ord-cle flight yesterday, and went to check in. I was very surprised that there was more walking involved, outside then back in to the other terminal....is co in the process of moving?
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Huh? The ORD process is significantly easier than it was before, with much less walking.

You check in at Terminal 2, as before. When you're done, turn right and go to the security line at the end of the building. Usually very short / no lines, EliteAccess line also.

Go through security, go immediately right and you're in terminal 1. You walk past the UA checkpoint which is to your right, and then you are in the concourse itself. The CO gates are just to the left.

The walk is about 25% of what it used to be when CO used the E gates in T2.

What am I missing? There is absolutely no outdoors part.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Prem, DL Plat, CO Plat, Torrid Diva,Rascal House (free cookies!), TWA Ambassador 183506503
I see now. The agent said to go outside, turn right, and go in to the next terminal, then through their security. I don't think she realized they were connected
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:34 am
Suspended

Ah... I understand what you mean now. There is no need to do that at all - and it's not like they just moved, so I would have thought they'd know by now

I don't think the other (T1) security even offically allows CO elites through the priority section (yet) so it would take significantly longer.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:56 am
Original Poster

yes, once i did get there, the priority security line let me in
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by alison11
I see now. The agent said to go outside, turn right, and go in to the next terminal, then through their security. I don't think she realized they were connected
Sounds like Ticket Agent FAIL! As described above, it's a LOT easier now.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 12:54 pm

Programs: Location: CLE; Cont Plat; HH Diamond
I have seen times when that security line on the right hand side of the CO ticket counters were closed. Perhaps it was closed that day.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ScottCLE
I have seen times when that security line on the right hand side of the CO ticket counters were closed. Perhaps it was closed that day.
This is a possibility. I've been through about 20 times since the move, at all different days / times of day, and it's always been open though. OP - what time did this happen yesterday?
Old Sep 9, 2009, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by alison11
yes, once i did get there, the priority security line let me in
Just curious did they let you through at the United 1K line all the way on the left of the UA terminal 1 ticket counters?
Old Sep 9, 2009, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by star_world
This is a possibility. I've been through about 20 times since the move, at all different days / times of day, and it's always been open though. OP - what time did this happen yesterday?
I've been there when the far right security checkpoint is closed, but it's not much further of a walk to the one to the left. After that, it's just as easy to get to the new CO gates.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by star_world
1245 yesterday, yes the united elite let me in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.