Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

can a plat book an M fare for others with auto upgrade?

Old Sep 9, 09, 8:11 am
Original Poster

this is probably a stupid question but i wasn't sure about the answer. for a plat is the M fare upgrade only available for my own travel or does it apply if i book tix for others? thx
Old Sep 9, 09, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It is supposed to be for only you. Whether it works otherwise I do not know, but I doubt it will.
Old Sep 9, 09, 8:32 am

Programs: Continental, United, AA
Just to clarify, do you mean does it work if you purchase a ticket for someone else and don't travel yourself, or are you referring to the situation where you and another travel together? In the later, I would hope that it would work, the former not. Either situation, I'm not sure the policy.
Old Sep 9, 09, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by J-FLyer View Post
Just to clarify, do you mean does it work if you purchase a ticket for someone else and don't travel yourself, or are you referring to the situation where you and another travel together? In the later, I would hope that it would work, the former not. Either situation, I'm not sure the policy.
I think the OP was referring to the former scenario. And I believe that neither will work. I'm pretty sure that the Y/B-Up for a companion on the same PNR didn't work previously either.
Old Sep 9, 09, 9:34 am
Original Poster

i was referring to the scenario where I wasn't traveling. thanks for the feedback; it confirmed what i suspected
Old Sep 9, 09, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toby182 View Post
i was referring to the scenario where I wasn't traveling. thanks for the feedback; it confirmed what i suspected
Could you imagine the potential abuse if they allowed this? Talk about a business opportunity! So yes, it was a stupid question.

That said, it would be nice if they allowed M-UPs for a Plat+companion booked in the same reservation. Though I'm sure Golds and Silvers wouldn't think so.
Old Sep 9, 09, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
[QUOTE=ijgordon;12353534]Could you imagine the potential abuse if they allowed this? Talk about a business opportunity! So yes, it was a stupid question.

[QUOTE]

Well, if the OP bought a ticket for his/her child with the same name....
Old Sep 9, 09, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by J-FLyer View Post
or are you referring to the situation where you and another travel together? In the later, I would hope that it would work, the former not. Either situation, I'm not sure the policy.
Just tried booking me plus one other on an M with the yellow icon, no dice.

Search this Thread