Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Veterans Advantage Broken - again!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2009, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Veterans Advantage Broken - again!

Tried to book MSY-EWR-MSY on 12/10 - 12/16 and got the following message:

! Continental.com was unable to retrieve the rule(s) pertaining to the program at this time. Please contact the Electronic Support Desk at 1-800-300-1547 for assistance in redeeming your eCertificate offer.

Books fine without the discount.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 5:49 am

Programs: -UA 1K-Hilton Diamond-
same here
Old Sep 9, 2009, 6:01 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Only slightly OT

In the past I have sometimes found that Veterans Advantage did not give me any discount at all on CO -- ran the reservation with the discount number entered and then left blank. Same price. Other times I do get about a 5% discount. Anyone have any idea why this is? Load factor algorithms?
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by spainflyer
In the past I have sometimes found that Veterans Advantage did not give me any discount at all on CO -- ran the reservation with the discount number entered and then left blank. Same price. Other times I do get about a 5% discount. Anyone have any idea why this is? Load factor algorithms?
I ALWAYS get my 5% on the base fare - no exceptions.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:41 am
Original Poster

ESD handled it just fine - took over 12 minutes though.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:19 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
It is working for me at the moment. But has failed for overseas travel in the past.

Ciao,
FH
Old Sep 9, 2009, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

I tried a couple of experiments and found that if I tried to use a "generic" discount code, it gave me the message and would not process the discount - but if I entered the Travel Discount Code from the front of my VA card, it worked fine.

Is seems that CO finally closed the glaring loophole that existed.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 2:50 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I tried a couple of experiments and found that if I tried to use a "generic" discount code, it gave me the message and would not process the discount - but if I entered the Travel Discount Code from the front of my VA card, it worked fine.

You're correct, SuperG1955, simply entering the VETERANS offer code will no longer work. To get your Veterans Advantage discount, you'll need to enter the travel discount code from your membership card into the Offer Code box. Glaring loophole closed!
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:41 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
All flights?

Originally Posted by CO Insider
To get your Veterans Advantage discount, you'll need to enter the travel discount code from your membership card into the Offer Code box.
Scott, is that true now on all flights, as a poster above has found? I think the flights where I got no discount were transatlantic -- is that a factor?

Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:45 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by spainflyer
Scott, is that true now on all flights, as a poster above has found? I think the flights where I got no discount were transatlantic -- is that a factor?

Thanks.
Hi spainflyer, it should work worldwide. If you have a particular example you'd like us to look into, feel free to post it here or send me a PM.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 6:47 am

Programs: -UA 1K-Hilton Diamond-
Originally Posted by SuperG1955

Thanks ^ worked for me after entering my travel code #

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.