Wiki Posts
Search

IAH HNL 3rd Flight

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2009, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO, US, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
IAH HNL 3rd Flight

Ok I did a search and didn't see it posted - I'm sure it is and I just couldn't find it and someone will let me know

CO is adding a 3rd IAH-HNL flight for a short period. Looks like Dec 17th to Jan 10th. Is this a normal holiday addition?
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
No, that's new. But in years past, LAX-HNL was on larger planes. Now, it's showing single 739 even for Christmas.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by cotch
Ok I did a search and didn't see it posted - I'm sure it is and I just couldn't find it and someone will let me know

CO is adding a 3rd IAH-HNL flight for a short period. Looks like Dec 17th to Jan 10th. Is this a normal holiday addition?
Not sure if it's seasonal or not, but I just made that 3rd flight my waitlist flight back from HNL. Thanks for the heads up!
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by rkkwan
No, that's new. But in years past, LAX-HNL was on larger planes. Now, it's showing single 739 even for Christmas.
rkkwan. Where do you think they're getting the plane to do this 3rd iah-hnl?
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Nice! Wish they increase the frequency to LAX too.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by rubenj
Nice! Wish they increase the frequency to LAX too.
Careful there, if all the Elites book via LAX for the EUA, they'll upgauge LAX-HNL to something that doesn't qualify for EUAs.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by Renard
rkkwan. Where do you think they're getting the plane to do this 3rd iah-hnl?
I haven't really studied the 762/4 utilization for this winter. But there are probably quite a few changes. Also with new IAH-FRA on the 762.

And I think EWR-AMS will not have a 762 or 764.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 5:53 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by channa
Careful there, if all the Elites book via LAX for the EUA, they'll upgauge LAX-HNL to something that doesn't qualify for EUAs.
If only there were EWR/CLE flights to LAX that could connect to the LAX-HNL flight.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
If they do...

...a third daily flight to Hawaii from IAH, I wish it were to Maui again.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by rkkwan
I haven't really studied the 762/4 utilization for this winter. But there are probably quite a few changes. Also with new IAH-FRA on the 762.

And I think EWR-AMS will not have a 762 or 764.
Many years ago I rode CO ams-ewr on a 752 (this was before CO fell in love with the 752 transatlantic flight to little hamlets like Paris)....before I knew to check. That was a lesson learned the hard way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.