Co 903 cns/gum - oct 27 - first *a flight

Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Co 903 cns/gum - oct 27 - first *a flight

You'd think that Continental would have arranged press coverage and a little party at the Cairns airport for Oct 27.

CO 903 will officially be the FIRST Star Alliance flight flown by Continental anywhere in the world. The flight, a four hour run from the tropical paradise of Cairns, Queensland Australia to the tropical but not quite paradise Pacific Ocean rock called Guam.

I've emailed CO Micronesia, but have yet to receive an answer Any Flyertalkers in Guam?

Last edited by jimmc66; Sep 8, 2009 at 3:12 am Reason: MEH
Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Yes, it is the first *A flight. No, I'm not surprised that they haven't made a huge deal out of it.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 6:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
If CO is going to do a *A event outside of the Continental US, I'd imagine it'd be held in Frankfurt, Germany, the HQ and spiritual home of the Star Alliance.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
I'd not expect to hear an answer at least till over the 24th is done and over.
They may think you are a DL or AF lawyer
Old Sep 8, 2009, 6:52 am

Programs: OnePass - Platinum, MileagePlus - 1K (Linked)
several of us FTers in GUM

Originally Posted by jimmc66
You'd think that Continental would have arranged press coverage and a little party at the Cairns airport for Oct 27.

CO 903 will officially be the FIRST Star Alliance flight flown by Continental anywhere in the world. The flight, a four hour run from the tropical paradise of Cairns, Queensland Australia to the tropical but not quite paradise Pacific Ocean rock called Guam.

I've emailed CO Micronesia, but have yet to receive an answer Any Flyertalkers in Guam?
Hafa Adai!
There's a bunch of us FTers in GUM and in the rest of Micronesia, which is, of course, all quite paradise and not all quite "rock." I would be pleasantly surprised if CO did anything to recognize CS 903 as the first *A flight for CO. It won't even acknowledge that GUM has a city ticket office or airport on pda.continental.com. I had a weekend in CNS within the last year and had a great time. I'm looking forward to doing it again and hopefully visiting other places in Australia.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.