FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   PDA site shows a 739 with Live TV...true? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/992097-pda-site-shows-739-live-tv-true.html)

mschles Sep 5, 2009 3:37 pm

PDA site shows a 739 with Live TV...true?

PDA site for CO1502 on Monday shows a 737-900 with Live TV. According to the fleet status page, no 739's are completed, just the ERs. Who is wrong?

CO1502

sdm1130 Sep 5, 2009 3:40 pm

Ship 413 is actually a 739ER. Likely just a bug on the PDA site. Enjoy the Live TV!

SuperG1955 Sep 5, 2009 6:20 pm

401 through 412 are 900's.
413 and higher are ER's

AA2MM Sep 6, 2009 6:09 pm

When will they start charging $6 per headset, as printed in the inflight magazine ? Folks, better hang on to your Dollar headset now.
Remember like 10 yrs ago, some asian male attorney got into a dispute with a UA FA, she wanted to collect the $ from him even though he used his own ...and the whole ugly thing got so escalated that they called the cops on him at arrival, in SFO !!! :mad:

sdm1130 Sep 6, 2009 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by AA2MM (Post 12340403)
When will they start charging $6 per headset, as printed in the inflight magazine ? Folks, better hang on to your Dollar headset now.
Remember like 10 yrs ago, some asian male attorney got into a dispute with a UA FA, she wanted to collect the $ from him even though he used his own ...and the whole ugly thing got so escalated that they called the cops on him at arrival, in SFO !!! :mad:

:confused:

Headseats have been $1 for quite some time now and Continental magazine has the correct price listed.

belynch Sep 6, 2009 6:48 pm

On the few DirectTV flights I've been on they've given the headsets out for free (there's a box in the galley when you board). If you're sitting in Y it costs $6 to activate the system. Free in F.

CO needs to change the wording about having "free entertainment" -- but that's a different story.

SeamusSA Sep 6, 2009 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by belynch (Post 12340520)
On the few DirectTV flights I've been on they've given the headsets out for free (there's a box in the galley when you board). If you're sitting in Y it costs $6 to activate the system. Free in F.

CO needs to change the wording about having "free entertainment" -- but that's a different story.

Have only flown in F on Live TV equipped flights, so can't speak from experience about coach, but thought that even if a pax did not activate Live TV there were still some programs / games available. Sort of like LTV being an available enhancement. Anyone know for sure?

HobokenFlyer Sep 6, 2009 10:36 pm

I had a buddy of mine fly back from MCO on Saturday (9/5) morning to EWR on the 6am flight...captain said it was a BRAND NEW plane and was taken it's first commercial passenger flight. He doesn't fly much and is definitely non-elite, was kinda peeved he had to pay $6 to watch the TV.

He said if it was a longer flight he would have done it; he thought flight under a certain time should be cheaper than longer flights.

Anyway, there is a 900ER flying around somewhere that is brand new.

- HF

SuperG1955 Sep 7, 2009 12:54 am

Originally Posted by HobokenFlyer (Post 12341169)
I had a buddy of mine fly back from MCO on Saturday (9/5) morning to EWR on the 6am flight...captain said it was a BRAND NEW plane and was taken it's first commercial passenger flight. He doesn't fly much and is definitely non-elite, was kinda peeved he had to pay $6 to watch the TV.

He said if it was a longer flight he would have done it; he thought flight under a certain time should be cheaper than longer flights.

Anyway, there is a 900ER flying around somewhere that is brand new.

- HF

There are 2 new ER's. The count went from 25 to 27 in the last month. The Fleet Plan calls for 30 by year end.

tv_man Sep 7, 2009 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by SeamusSA (Post 12340596)
Have only flown in F on Live TV equipped flights, so can't speak from experience about coach, but thought that even if a pax did not activate Live TV there were still some programs / games available. Sort of like LTV being an available enhancement. Anyone know for sure?

Right now it's set at an introductory price for y/c, $6, which includes access to ~ 80 DirecTV channels (when within satellite coverage), 4 channels of premium movies and 4 channels of stored TV shows. More functionality is in-work but it's unlikely that much if anything can be given away for free as all of that pricey new equipment has to be paid for somehow.

sbm12 Sep 7, 2009 3:41 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

According to CO's Twitter account another new one was delivered over the weekend. It is being fit out right now with the TV and will be flying for real later this week.

And there is nothing free other than the headsets and the A/C power.