Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

23hr. connection @ IAH what happens baggage??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2009, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,

I am looking at booking an award ticket for 3 of us that connects in IAH with a 23 hr over night connection(ATL-IAH-LIM) Do I have to get my bagage and recheck it next day or will it be automatically transferred since it is on the same connecting reservation?? If we have to get it at baggage claim Are there places to store it at @IAH so we dont have to take it to hotel?
All help appreciated
Old Sep 4, 2009, 5:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

You will almost certainly have to collect it at IAH. CO generally only holds bags up to 12 hours on connections.

Dunno about left luggage facilities at IAH.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Unless you want the 23-hour connection, be sure to call and get something waitlisted for a more optimal ATL-IAH. Also, if CO or DL opens up any space on that route prior to your flight, you can switch to that.

Finally, be sure to check connections via MEX on AM. ATL-DL/AM-MEX-AM-LIM is also an option that may be more optimal.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 6:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Something else to consider if the OP is non-elite and booking a Y reward is that they would likely have to pay to check the bags from ATL-IAH based on CO's current rules since initially they are only being checked to IAH, even though it is an international itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.