Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clarification Re: New Mileathon

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2009, 6:06 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by fest
Wirelessly posted (palm: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint Treo850e)

i dont know whats up with that total-by me it says total-0,and i had switched over my chase and keybank debit cards in the beginng of sep. go figure
My total also says 0, yet I have purchased (and flown) 2 fare-qualifying tickets in Sept, and done online check-in on the outbound & return (not auto-checkin). I'm guessing the IT focus has been on *A switch, and the Mileathon credits will begin to be populated soon... Fingers crossed...

CLG
Old Nov 2, 2009, 6:15 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
Same thing here...purchase of tickets...online checking...car rental...hoping to see these points show up at some point.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 3:28 pm

Programs: CO PPlat, HH Diamond, Hertz Gold
Patience folks. I won the Q42007 Mileathon (there were two winners that year), and it was my experience then that the bank credits, hotel credits, car rental credits and the online check-in credits were always delayed. All those points are collated from separate sources, and it is a manual process. The best you can do is keep track of what you think you should have earned, and at the end of December, when November points get posted, plan on calling the Mileathon people to complain that your various missing credits haven't shown up. Unfortunately, if you are in the running for the grand prizes, you won't have an opportunity to check December credits before the prizes are awarded, but sometime in January or early February final results will be posted and you can contest the missing points and get credit for them for the miles bonuses. IE if they posted 190 points for you and you have evidence, such as hotel receipts, indicating you earned more than 200 points, its worth a call, right?
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by controller1
The Mileathon T&C states: Credits are earned for check-ins for both outbound and return flights. If you check-in online for the outbound flight and sign up for auto check-in for the return flight, will you receive the Mileathon credit for the return flight? Does anyone know?
Received answer today in email from OPSC: Thank you for contacting the OnePass Service Center.

Your auto check-in online for your return flight will also earn Mileathon credit.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by belynch
Also, is BB check-in considered online?
"bump"

Haven't seen any PDA check-ins post to my Mileathon. Anyone know what the official word is on this?
Old Nov 28, 2009, 10:37 am

nov 30 deadline for credit/debit card points?

hi, i just registered for the mileathon and would like to open continental debit and credit cards in order to earn mileathon points. however, the conditions on the mileathon website state, "First purchase must be made by Nov. 30, 2009, to earn Mileathon credit." i will be opening my credit and debit card accounts before nov. 30 but will not be able to make purchases with the cards because they won't arrive in the mail before the end of november. does that mean i won't earn any mileathon points for opening the card accounts? thanks
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:16 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
"First purchase must be made by Nov. 30, 2009, to earn Mileathon credit." i will be opening my credit and debit card accounts before nov. 30 but will not be able to make purchases with the cards because they won't arrive in the mail before the end of november. does that mean i won't earn any mileathon points for opening the card accounts? thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. My card didn't arrive until Dec. 1. I was thinking that the promo ended Dec. 31 and that I was in good shape.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 7:53 am

Programs: CO PPlat, HH Diamond, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Frenchie Flyer
"First purchase must be made by Nov. 30, 2009, to earn Mileathon credit." i will be opening my credit and debit card accounts before nov. 30 but will not be able to make purchases with the cards because they won't arrive in the mail before the end of november. does that mean i won't earn any mileathon points for opening the card accounts? thanks
I'm in the same boat. My card didn't arrive until Dec. 1. I was thinking that the promo ended Dec. 31 and that I was in good shape.[/QUOTE]

I got mine and made one purchase on Nov. 24. I'm hoping it will show in the next update.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
Just a note on the obvious...The Mileathon shows it has updated through November 25 and yet my total did not change to reflect any of the activity prior to Nov. 11 or during the two weeks that were updated. Not counting on much here
Old Feb 6, 2010, 6:38 pm

Your auto check-in online for your return flight will also earn Mileathon credit.
I got a different answer. I ended up with 98 points. I had 2 check-ins that were either auto or mobile and would have pushed me over the 100 threshold but when I emailed [email protected] I was told:

Please note that Auto check ins, Voice check ins and Mobile check ins are not valid for the referenced promotion.
These promotions are great because I end up with extra miles even if I make my normal purchases but in the end they frustrate me more than they are worth because there's so much lag between updates. The promotion did make me buy a few flights in fare classes that I normally wouldn't for the extra credit. I also booked a car through continental.com which normally wouldn't benefit me at all and in this case it didn't actually either because I didn't provide my OnePass number to Avis in the rental (Virgin Atlantic makes more sense for short rentals) and I didn't realize I had to earn OnePass miles on the rental to get Mileathon credit.

If anyone from Continental is watching the tracking # was A00005520857-00034532498.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 6:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jimbob
I got a different answer. I ended up with 98 points. I had 2 check-ins that were either auto or mobile and would have pushed me over the 100 threshold but when I emailed [email protected] I was told:

These promotions are great because I end up with extra miles even if I make my normal purchases but in the end they frustrate me more than they are worth because there's so much lag between updates. The promotion did make me buy a few flights in fare classes that I normally wouldn't for the extra credit. I also booked a car through continental.com which normally wouldn't benefit me at all and in this case it didn't actually either because I didn't provide my OnePass number to Avis in the rental (Virgin Atlantic makes more sense for short rentals) and I didn't realize I had to earn OnePass miles on the rental to get Mileathon credit.

If anyone from Continental is watching the tracking # was A00005520857-00034532498.
I received an email from the OPSC stating that auto-checkin qualified for Mileathon credit. However, I did not receive it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.