Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Best Continental Credit Card / Chase Offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Continental Credit Card / Chase Offers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by downright
So, I opened up a Chase checking account online, along with the CO debit card. Online, there was no place to input my Onepass account. SO I figured once I got the card, I could call up and they would be able to update my information. When I look online, the Onepass account that is linked, is not my account. Perhaps Chase opened up a new Onepass account for me? I have no idea. Either way, I figured one phone call would take care of the problem.

About 10 phone calls later, no one at Chase seems to be able to do this for me. No one seems to understand what the problem is, even though I've explained it over and over and over.

Anyone out there have any idea on how to go about getting this resolved?
It is stated pretty much on every literature from Chase that when you open an account and ask for a CO card, either you provide your CO OnePass number, or they will create a new account for you..

That's what happened. Now, can you rectify the situation and give them your own account number? I'm guessing no, but then again, who knows? Not Chase's reps, that's for sure.

You might be stuck with this account for this calendar year, unless you find someone capable of changing the account number - once again, if possible at all.
G'luck. (and next time, read the fine print! And go to a chase location speak to someone real, it helps.).
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Benjh
It is stated pretty much on every literature from Chase that when you open an account and ask for a CO card, either you provide your CO OnePass number, or they will create a new account for you..

That's what happened. Now, can you rectify the situation and give them your own account number? I'm guessing no, but then again, who knows? Not Chase's reps, that's for sure.

You might be stuck with this account for this calendar year, unless you find someone capable of changing the account number - once again, if possible at all.
G'luck. (and next time, read the fine print! And go to a chase location speak to someone real, it helps.).
Ahhh, the fine print. Screws me every time. This is actually the second time I'm doing this promo. Last year, I opened the account in a Chase branch. This time, I was lazy and did it online, which was my downfall.

Anyways, I just went to a branch around the corner. Yes, I should have just went there in the first place. While they were not able to change it on the spot, they filled out a form for me that they faxed somewhere. And I was told it shouldn't be a problem and should be corrected within a day or two.

We'll see.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:40 am

Ahhh, the fine print. Screws me every time. This is actually the second time I'm doing this promo. Last year, I opened the account in a Chase branch. This time, I was lazy and did it online, which was my downfall.

Anyways, I just went to a branch around the corner. Yes, I should have just went there in the first place. While they were not able to change it on the spot, they filled out a form for me that they faxed somewhere. And I was told it shouldn't be a problem and should be corrected within a day or two.

We'll see.
Great, let us know if it works out (or if you even hear back!).
I know the fine print is annoying. When it comes to most things, I just ignore it myself, except in two occasions:

1- Air travel.
2- Banking.

Now when the two are involved... better print it, blow it up on a copier, and read it 10 times!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 1:01 pm

The problem is there is no place to enter a OnePass number online

EDIT: I stand corrected
Old Feb 3, 2010, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by IAkH
The problem is there is no place to enter a OnePass number online
Yep. There is no place to enter your Onepass account if you apply for this offer online. Dansdeals.com has reported that you have to call and give them your onepass # once you recieve your debit card.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Yep. There is no place to enter your Onepass account if you apply for this offer online. Dansdeals.com has reported that you have to call and give them your onepass # once you recieve your debit card.
Its annoying I haven't even received the bonus 15,000 Miles...I'm wondering if we got royally screwed...
Old Feb 3, 2010, 1:33 pm

Yes. Good luck. I once found myself in a very similar situation with an AA card through Citibank. I can't remember who fixed it, but it did get fixed. It didn't take more than a few weeks. The bogus AA account was closed and the miles consolidated into the real AA account. Generally, I like Chase more than I like Citibank (negative experience with Citibank's fumbling of house mortgage, typical branch attitudes, and lots of other things); and am disappointed to hear that ten phone calls to Chase hasn't yet resolved it.
In a distant but related situation, I'm trying to fix the crediting of some UA flight miles. UA stuck them in my UA account. I tried and tried and tried to get CO credit for them. I like my CO status. Still waiting for resolution.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Long Zhiren
Yes. Good luck. I once found myself in a very similar situation with an AA card through Citibank. I can't remember who fixed it, but it did get fixed. It didn't take more than a few weeks. The bogus AA account was closed and the miles consolidated into the real AA account. Generally, I like Chase more than I like Citibank (negative experience with Citibank's fumbling of house mortgage, typical branch attitudes, and lots of other things); and am disappointed to hear that ten phone calls to Chase hasn't yet resolved it.
In a distant but related situation, I'm trying to fix the crediting of some UA flight miles. UA stuck them in my UA account. I tried and tried and tried to get CO credit for them. I like my CO status. Still waiting for resolution.
What I thought was a simple fix turned out to be rocket science to the Chase people on the phone. Even in the branch, a relatively major branch at 56th and 6th in NYC, they still had a hard time figuring out how to go about correcting the problem.

I also read at Dansdeals.com that you could call in and give them your Onepass # once receiving the card. Perhaps out of the thousands of phone operators spread across the globe, only a few know how to get it done. For the life of me, I couldn't get them to stop reading off their scripts. It was ridiculous. And as a former JPM employee (albeit not card services), I am quite disappointed.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:44 pm

Perhaps out of the thousands of phone operators spread across the globe, only a few know how to get it done. For the life of me, I couldn't get them to stop reading off their scripts. It was ridiculous. And as a former JPM employee (albeit not card services), I am quite disappointed.
When I opened my account 3 weeks ago at 79th and Broadway the banker I talked to said he'd never seen the 25.000 miles coupon before. Strange.

He made it work anyway, and I received 22.500 miles out of the 25k yesterday already. Waiting for the next 2.5k soon.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 6:56 am

Has anyone heard of an extension for the 25k debit card promo past March 31, 2010?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
Double mileage credit for COPA purchases?

Does anyone know from experience if Pres Plus MC gives double miles for COPA and Continental itineraries purchased from a Continental/COPA ticket office? Or who to call to find out before purchasing? Online purchase is not an option.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:13 pm

for Benjh

I signed up for a Continental Debit card at Chase 12/14/09 - I gave the banker my Onepass #, but she said I would submit it once I received my card. After a month and two mailed cards, I finally received my card. I had trouble validating it because Chase had changed my pin #. When I inquired about my Onepass connection, I was told I had been given a new number. I explained that I had an existing # I wanted to use.

Chase gave my a Onepass number to call - 866-259-0180.

You will need both your new # and the # you really want to use. Onepass will link the two accounts. I have received 4 miles for activity in my first period. I was told I would get my bonus miles by 2/28, when I called 1/29 to check on my existing old account.

God Bless!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
How long do applications for the PrePlus card take? I applied through the presplus150 link at co.com and did not receive an immediate decision, but so far no emails, no snail mails and they haven't even pulled my credit (I have alerts setup to notify me).

I'd like to apply again, but the 150 promo was only valid until 1/31/10.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
How long do applications for the PrePlus card take? I applied through the presplus150 link at co.com and did not receive an immediate decision, but so far no emails, no snail mails and they haven't even pulled my credit (I have alerts setup to notify me).

Took me about a week to get a response, and that response was a denial, bc I had only opened up my regular World MC a couple months ago. So I called up and they were able to trade in my World MC for the PP.

I wonder if I will still get the $150. Probably not.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by bocastephen

Last week I put in an app for the $60 UA Visa card and called Chase a few days afterwards to make sure everything was in order. Told me the bank would not extend any more credit, but I could rearrange my existing lines to create the credit line for the new one. We did that and the card showed up the next week.

Anyways the point being you might want to call into Chase to see what's up with the application.

The PPlus folks are great, however the other departments (specifically portfolio lending or whatever they call the brain-trust that reviews credit decisions) are not at the same level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.