Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Best Continental Credit Card / Chase Offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Continental Credit Card / Chase Offers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2009, 2:29 pm

I don't think it matters whether or not you use the link that is within the Mileathon webpage. As long as you are registered for Mileathon is all that matters - I'm assuming.

Oh, and where do you see the 10,000 miles after the first year anniversary? I wasn't aware of that.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 3:00 pm

Programs: Continental, United
Originally Posted by downright
I don't think it matters whether or not you use the link that is within the Mileathon webpage. As long as you are registered for Mileathon is all that matters - I'm assuming.

Oh, and where do you see the 10,000 miles after the first year anniversary? I wasn't aware of that.
It's the 4th bullet under "Great Cardmember Benefits"
Old Sep 26, 2009, 8:57 am

I am new to this forum. So hello all. My wife and I trave to the carribean 2x a year if at all possible. we are seriouly considering this CC for the miles.

I have used United miles for years and find most of the time I get less than desirable flight times unless I pay out tons of miles. Does CO run in th esame manner +/-?

DO most of you have a good experience with Chase bank? I have another platinum visa with another bank and dont want to be disappointed with their services.

Lastly, does chase CC give all the free baggage, rental car, etc coverage like most VISA's (I assume most have the same offerings...that may not be a safe assumption).

Thanks for the assist! This forum looks great!
Old Sep 30, 2009, 5:29 pm

Programs: Continental, United
Originally Posted by SandyUT
Lastly, does chase CC give all the free baggage, rental car, etc coverage like most VISA's (I assume most have the same offerings...that may not be a safe assumption).
Free baggage is standard on international and I believe the credit card gives you one free bag... not sure if its only for you or everyone in your party. Lots of details on the continental website though.

I just rec'd my card after applying online on Friday. After I applied I called cust. service and they sent it UPS Express b/c I told them I want to start using it right away. Unfortunately the fares went up $70 since Friday.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Does anyone know if they're any good PPlus offers out there right now for new customers?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 5:49 am

Some questions about the 25k bonus Chase Checking account offer:

... Also, to qualify for the first 10,000 bonus miles you must make 5 debit card purchases with any Chase debit card linked or used to access the new account or initiate a repeating direct deposit such as payroll, Social Security or other government benefits. The 5 debit card purchases or first direct deposit must be completed within 60 days of account opening to earn the bonus miles. ...

Any minimum on how much the direct deposit could be (could it be $1/paycheck)? Any reason on my payroll check, I couldn't designate $1 to go to my account, $1 to go to my wife's account (my direct deposit info is changed online, not even sure it prompts for a name)? They say "5 debit purchases", any idea how many direct deposits count as "repeating"? I guess worst case, I could stop it when I see the miles post.

...The second 15,000 bonus miles will be credited to the cardholder's OnePass account after the first qualifying purchase is made with your Chase Continental Airlines Preferred Debit Card or Chase Continental Airlines Debit Card...

So, first debit transaction qualifies for the 15k bonus, then after 4 more, you get the 10k bonus? Or, direct deposit gets 10k, and then one debit purchase 15k?

Any fees associated with opening or maintaining the account? The closest Chase bank to me is 25 miles, so I'd pr\obably open our accounts with the minimum $100, then do everything remotely (including linking it with my Paypal account, so I can transfer money to and from it).

Thanks for any answers you can provide.

Jeff
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:19 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by jwhite4
Some questions about the 25k bonus Chase Checking account offer:

... Also, to qualify for the first 10,000 bonus miles you must make 5 debit card purchases with any Chase debit card linked or used to access the new account or initiate a repeating direct deposit such as payroll, Social Security or other government benefits. The 5 debit card purchases or first direct deposit must be completed within 60 days of account opening to earn the bonus miles. ...

Any minimum on how much the direct deposit could be (could it be $1/paycheck)? Any reason on my payroll check, I couldn't designate $1 to go to my account, $1 to go to my wife's account (my direct deposit info is changed online, not even sure it prompts for a name)? They say "5 debit purchases", any idea how many direct deposits count as "repeating"? I guess worst case, I could stop it when I see the miles post.

...The second 15,000 bonus miles will be credited to the cardholder's OnePass account after the first qualifying purchase is made with your Chase Continental Airlines Preferred Debit Card or Chase Continental Airlines Debit Card...

So, first debit transaction qualifies for the 15k bonus, then after 4 more, you get the 10k bonus? Or, direct deposit gets 10k, and then one debit purchase 15k?

Any fees associated with opening or maintaining the account? The closest Chase bank to me is 25 miles, so I'd pr\obably open our accounts with the minimum $100, then do everything remotely (including linking it with my Paypal account, so I can transfer money to and from it).

Thanks for any answers you can provide.

Jeff
There is a whole thread on that for you here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...g-account.html
Old Oct 12, 2009, 8:14 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold, OneWorld
Does Continental or Chase offer any bonus for referral? I have a friend who wants to get Continental World MasterCard and I would like to refer him. Is there any bonus available?
Old Oct 21, 2009, 9:35 am

30k+5keqm offer

received this offer in the mail

25k bonus miles after 1st purchase
5k for authorized user
5k eqm for spending 1k by 11/30/2009

apply through continental.com/apply5keqm
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
$150 Travel Bank Credit for PresPlus

Link.

Title says it all. Apply for the Chase / Continental Presidential Plus credit card and get $150 put into your Travel Bank account. (Also don't forget the mileathon credit too!)
Old Nov 30, 2009, 8:19 pm

Programs: Almost all status expired. Hilton Silver. UA 0.8 MM. AA 0.6 MM.
Originally Posted by J.Edward
Apply for the Chase / Continental Presidential Plus credit card and get $150 put into your Travel Bank account. (Also don't forget the mileathon credit too!)
Apply by 1/31/2010 (of course it could be extended). I just received this offer in the mail today.

Considering it... I already have a Chase Continental Debit card, so the miles for purchases wouldn't change, but...

1) -$375
2) +$150 Travel Bank
3) 25,000 miles (~$312.50 at 1.25 c/mile) for 25% extra miles on 100,000 flight miles
4) 2,000 Flex EQMs for each $15,000 in purchases.
5) 2X miles on ShopPass

The 25% extra miles & $150 Travel Bank are causing me to think. I've been a Presidents Club member, and it's not that big a benefit for my current travel style (although it was more important in the past).
Old Nov 30, 2009, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by mitchell
Apply by 1/31/2010 (of course it could be extended). I just received this offer in the mail today.

Considering it... I already have a Chase Continental Debit card, so the miles for purchases wouldn't change, but...

1) -$375
2) +$150 Travel Bank
3) 25,000 miles (~$312.50 at 1.25 c/mile) for 25% extra miles on 100,000 flight miles
4) 2,000 Flex EQMs for each $15,000 in purchases.
5) 2X miles on ShopPass

The 25% extra miles & $150 Travel Bank are causing me to think. I've been a Presidents Club member, and it's not that big a benefit for my current travel style (although it was more important in the past).
Are you also getting 25k bonus miles with your offer in addition to $150 in Travel Bank?
Old Nov 30, 2009, 9:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Are you also getting 25k bonus miles with your offer in addition to $150 in Travel Bank?
It looks to me like the 25K miles are for the 25% RDM bonus that one gets for having the card and mitchell expects to fly 100K miles so he's just adding that in.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
It looks to me like the 25K miles are for the 25% RDM bonus that one gets for having the card and mitchell expects to fly 100K miles so he's just adding that in.
I see. It does make sense.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:08 pm

Programs: Almost all status expired. Hilton Silver. UA 0.8 MM. AA 0.6 MM.
Originally Posted by sbm12
Thanks sbm12 and TAHKUCT for the clarification. If I fly 80,000-160,000 miles in 2010, I might get 20,000-40,000 RDM miles by getting the Presidental Plus card (as opposed to other Continental debit/credit cards). Much better deal for a medium-heavy flier than the "Extra Mile Program" https://www.continental.com/web/en-U...301A10F003BFE3 If I flew 200,000-250,000 miles like I did a few years ago, it would be a no-brainer. ;-)

There might be some shopping specials in ShopPass (e.g. gift cards) which would make the 2X bonus worthwhile. Not sure if the 2X bonus would multiply other bonuses like the 2X bonus over Black Friday weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.