Wiki Posts
Search

New Continental Credit Cards?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2009, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

New Continental Credit Cards?

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...s/default.aspx

I just noticed this while browsing the site; there are a couple Visa cards there now, and regular Mastercards as well (that aren't World cards). No idea on the fee, as you can't apply for them yet.

They also seemed to add another tier to their debit cards (cheaper fee for less miles/dollar), though I am not sure if that is a recent development or not.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Looks like Chase is bringing out Visa cards to match their UA Visa cards.

Hmmmm, more cards for you J.Edward
Old Jul 14, 2009, 4:29 pm

Programs: PWP Direktor of Homeland, CO Plat* 1MM,UA 1K,BD Gold,DL Gold,SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Chase used to offer Visa cards or MC cards when they first launched the CO card. But, for whatever reason, they stopped issuing them a few years back.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by fozz
Chase used to offer Visa cards or MC cards when they first launched the CO card. But, for whatever reason, they stopped issuing them a few years back.
Back in 2000 when I got my CO-branded card, only Visa cards were offered. I still have my CO Chase Visa card. The annual fee is only $45, but we also get fewer benefits than the various MC cards. For example, Visa Signature cardholders don't get the President's Club passes or the discount certificates that the World MasterCard folks get.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I have carried a CO Chase Visa Signature for over a year now, before that it was a Visa Platinum for quite some time before that.

These cards have always been available, but likely only for people who were CO Chase Visa cardholders from a while ago. 4-5 years ago, the MC relationship started, and that became the only CO Chase card you could get by opening a new account.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 4:37 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by kingalien
Looks like Chase is bringing out Visa cards to match their UA Visa cards.

Hmmmm, more cards for you J.Edward
They finally cut me off

Last edited by J.Edward; Jul 14, 2009 at 4:47 pm
Old Jul 14, 2009, 4:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I thought the Visas listed on the site were the legacy ones that could no longer be applied for. It does look like they've extended some of the benefits to stay in line with the MC options, but I don't think that they are really new Visa cards that are going to be offered in the future.

More about it here from a recent thread on the topic.

Strangely enough, search was working enough just now that I could actually find that thread.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 4:45 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by sbm12
I thought the Visas listed on the site were the legacy ones that could no longer be applied for. It does look like they've extended some of the benefits to stay in line with the MC options, but I don't think that they are really new Visa cards that are going to be offered in the future.
Don't know what the official story is (I too was under the assumption that they stopped issuing co-branded Visa products) but a few weeks ago I was able to get Chase to re-issue my Marriott Rewards MC as a CO Visa; took the rep some time but he got it pushed through in the end.

Now if I could only get in on that old, old, old offer where they awarded 2 miles for every $ spent...
Old Jul 14, 2009, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by cjgibson
...or the discount certificates that the World MasterCard folks get.
Those certs are useless anyway. I actually threw away my gum in one the other day.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 9:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Plat, Enterprise ExPlat
The lower tier of the debit card has been around since at least April and I believe well before that. When I opened my checking account they offered me that card, 1 mile for every $2 you spend. I opted for the preferred, 1 mile:$1 I may look into those new credit cards though.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by mitch8002
The lower tier of the debit card has been around since at least April and I believe well before that. When I opened my checking account they offered me that card, 1 mile for every $2 you spend. I opted for the preferred, 1 mile:$1 I may look into those new credit cards though.
How long did it take for your second set of miles to hit? I opened the account about a month ago and got the initial 10k within about a week. Still waiting for the 11k extra for the premium card.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Originally Posted by J.Edward
They finally cut me off
You just aren't trying hard enough
Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Plat, Enterprise ExPlat
It was less than a month, closer to about 2 weeks I believe. I got a extra 2500 miles for some reason, never inquired to why I got them.^
Old Jul 15, 2009, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by njcommodore
How long did it take for your second set of miles to hit? I opened the account about a month ago and got the initial 10k within about a week. Still waiting for the 11k extra for the premium card.
How quickly did you set up direct deposit and use the debit card?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 6:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by MarkMColo
How quickly did you set up direct deposit and use the debit card?
Come to think of it, I haven't used the debit card yet! Will use it this morning.
thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.