Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Reward Ticket on NW Seating and check in questions

Old Jul 4, 09, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 1.1MM, NEXUS, SC Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LVC everywhere

I was signed on to co.com and booked Reward Tickets for the kids. The flights are both NW. The tickets are CO and there is a CO PNR. Both tickets carry my OP number.

I did not have the option of selecting seating and wanted to change the seat assignments that were done automatically, so I called the Elite Desk and was told that they could not do the seat assignments and to call NW. The CSR gave me the NW phone number to call.

I called NW and a very nice and helpful TPA based CSR changed the seats exactly as I requested which kept them in preferred seating even though neither is a NW or CO Elite. I confirmed that the seats were assigned by checking the NWA.com seat maps.

The CO PNR doesnít reflect the new seat assignments so I called the Elite desk and was told that the CO PNR would not be updated and that the CSR had no way to do it. I asked about check in procedure and was told that they could not check in online at co.com but would have to check in at the airport with NW.

I donít have a problem with any of this if itís how it works but since I havenít gone through this process Iíd like someone to verify that what Iíve been told is correct.

Thanks.
Old Jul 4, 09, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Hopefully I didn't misread your post.

If booked on another airline, there should be another confirm # associated with that airline so you can look up your travel on their site. Call CO to get it. I haven't figured out how to get it on-line.

For example - I had award on CO but first two legs on DL. I had to call CO to get the 6 digit DL confirm # (separate from CO's) but then I was able to look up my itin on DL site - and change seats as well. Same for NW.

The only place I could see the correct seats was the airline that travel was booked on ( in my case, DL). Never saw it on CO.

Yes - they will have to check in at NW. It's ok!

But make a note of the NW Confirm # - you'll need that to change seats, check in, etc on the NW website.

GL!

Originally Posted by SuperG1955 View Post
I was signed on to co.com and booked Reward Tickets for the kids. The flights are both NW. The tickets are CO and there is a CO PNR. Both tickets carry my OP number.

I did not have the option of selecting seating and wanted to change the seat assignments that were done automatically, so I called the Elite Desk and was told that they could not do the seat assignments and to call NW. The CSR gave me the NW phone number to call.

I called NW and a very nice and helpful TPA based CSR changed the seats exactly as I requested which kept them in preferred seating even though neither is a NW or CO Elite. I confirmed that the seats were assigned by checking the NWA.com seat maps.

The CO PNR doesnít reflect the new seat assignments so I called the Elite desk and was told that the CO PNR would not be updated and that the CSR had no way to do it. I asked about check in procedure and was told that they could not check in online at co.com but would have to check in at the airport with NW.

I donít have a problem with any of this if itís how it works but since I havenít gone through this process Iíd like someone to verify that what Iíve been told is correct.

Thanks.
Old Jul 5, 09, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 1.1MM, NEXUS, SC Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LVC everywhere
Thanks, I'll call CO later today to get the NW # which should take care of it.
Old Jul 5, 09, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Omnia: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

I entered my co confirmation code into nw.com and it pulled up my reservarion and displayed the nw confirmation.

Last edited by jrzyshawn; Jul 5, 09 at 4:55 am
Old Jul 5, 09, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrzyshawn View Post
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Omnia: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

I entered my co confirmation code into nw.com and it pulled up my reservarion and displayed the nw confirmation.
That worked. I was even able to select Exit Row seating for them.
Old Jul 5, 09, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by jrzyshawn View Post

Interesting. For both my reward flights in the last few years I was required to get the NW and DL #s to make online changes, etc. I wonder if that was due to having a mixture of metal (dl/co/nw) on one itin?
Old Jul 5, 09, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Interesting. I can access the record on NWA.COM using either the CO or NW Confirm #. It won't take the CO number on the Main Reservation Screen but it will on the follow on screen.

The CO Confirm has my OP Number and the NW has no FF numbers but I can select any restricted seating on the NW web site.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: