Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will CO gold be *A Gold?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2009, 6:31 pm

Programs: Non-Rev Lifetime
Originally Posted by rolov
Most, if not all the 763s have then new Exec Elite now, I think the only ones that don't have the new seats are the A330s, and I think some of those have been upgraded, they used to run them on the LHR route along with a 77W or a 763.

ETA: The AVOD system on AC has problems all the time .
All but three B763's in the fleet have new interiors according to...

http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fleet/
Old Jun 20, 2009, 9:21 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by rankourabu
The Maple Leaf lounge in Toronto is superior to anything CO offers in the USA, and yes free Molson ...
For me, besides the free help yourself beer (booze also?? maybe confusing with a LH lounge), for me the best thing was the potato soup...after a year of RCC packaged cheese, the soup was great. The flight on a Beech 1900, not so great. I'd never experienced a pilot/FA before, and never knew how long a 350 mi trip could take...(2hrs in the minivan of the skies)
Old Jun 21, 2009, 4:28 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
[QUOTE=sbm12;11915405]
Not necessarily. The rule as I described above is a bit off. A UA/US *G cannot access a UA or US lounge unless flying on an international itinerary. Access to other lounges, such as the LH lounge in IAD or the SQ lounge in SFO actually is permitted based on a strict reading of the rules. I've accessed the SQ lounge in SFO on a wholly domestic itinerary and enjoyed their free WiFi and uncrowded space quite a bit.
QUOTE]

How were you able to do this when the SKL is after the TSA security in the international terminal? And for someone to pass the TSA security, you have to have a BP for a flight departing from that section of the terminal.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by blueslip
How were you able to do this when the SKL is after the TSA security in the international terminal? And for someone to pass the TSA security, you have to have a BP for a flight departing from that section of the terminal.
UA domestic and international departures are connected airside.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 6:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by colpuck
Correct, though it has only been that way for ~6 months or so. Previously it was not (easily) possible.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 7:35 am

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Originally Posted by colpuck

God do I wish CO would do that at EWR.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
God do I wish CO would do that at EWR.

EWR is connected airside. There is the bus between A and C for those relegated to ERJs at EWR but there is no need to re-clear security the vast majority of the time. The old UA was not even that convenient.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 8:00 am

What?! Have I been on crack the last 3 years? So I can find a way to not reclear security connecting back to CLE after intl. arrival?
Old Jun 21, 2009, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
What?! Have I been on crack the last 3 years? So I can find a way to not reclear security connecting back to CLE after intl. arrival?
If you have been and haven't been sharing then I deeply offended.

The connection in question is for international departures, not for arrivals. All arrivals in the USA still have to clear immigration/customs and then reclear TSA unless the arrival is from a pre-clearance station (NAS, AUA, YYZ, YUL, YVR, BDA, etc.). But for departures the UA terminals in SFO used to be two different buildings and one could not pass easily between them (particularly int'l => dom) without going through security. I had a 40 minute connection and had to make that jog because our domestic flight used the int'l gates. It was not fun. Now they've put a regular walkway airside so one can walk to the lounges over in the int'l concourse and walk back to the gates on the domestic side without clearing security. It is quite a nice benefit.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 9:11 am

Thanks for the clarification, sir.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.