Is Mexico BF or First Class service?

Old Jun 9, 09, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Exec
Is Mexico BF or First Class service?

My itinerary says "Business First/First" on my upcoming IAH-CUN flight. I want to make sure I will have access to the Pclub and be able to guest 2 people in. The CO FAQ's on here talks about Canada/Hawaii/USVI/PR but doesn't mention Mexico.

Im sure this has been discussed to death...I tried searching for a quick answer.
Old Jun 9, 09, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
The BF service and seat are exclusive to 757/67/77 so far as I know. If you are on a 737, it is not BF.
Old Jun 9, 09, 6:47 pm

Programs: CO Plat (thanks to FT), UA 1P, AA
As far as I understand it, it is neither. It is International Business class, and in my experience you do get access to the PClubs for you plus a guest. I am not sure about 2 guests since I have never tried that.
Old Jun 9, 09, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike View Post
The BF service and seat are exclusive to 757/67/77 so far as I know. If you are on a 737, it is not BF.
It's a 757-200
Old Jun 9, 09, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by AEpilot76 View Post
It's a 757-200

It's the BF seat, but domestic F-like service. Maybe a hair better.
Old Jun 9, 09, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by channa View Post
It's the BF seat, but domestic F-like service. Maybe a hair better.
I figured the service wouldn't be anything special. So, it is considered Intl Business Class for Pclub access + guest correct?
Old Jun 9, 09, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've gotten PC access flying International Business Class to Mexico. It was probably a year and a half ago, but I'm not aware of any policy changes.
Old Jun 9, 09, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info.....does anyone have an experience with trying to guest someone in while on "intl business class" to/from mexico? Co.com simply says you can guest someone in while on BF and even though my itinerary says BF, it seems like it is really "intl business class"....this really shouldn't be this confusing
Old Jun 9, 09, 7:20 pm

Programs: CO Gold
Thanks for all the info.....does anyone have an experience with trying to guest someone in while on "intl business class" to/from mexico? Co.com simply says you can guest someone in while on BF and even though my itinerary says BF, it seems like it is really "intl business class"....this really shouldn't be this confusing
you are right, it should not be confusing but its so freaking confusing with all the rules and regulations that everyone gets it wrong (pax, dragons....etc)

in this particular case , CO metal in international F, you don't get to bring guests
Old Jun 9, 09, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wolfie_cr View Post
you are right, it should not be confusing but its so freaking confusing with all the rules and regulations that everyone gets it wrong (pax, dragons....etc)

in this particular case , CO metal in international F, you don't get to bring guests
Ok....that's what I wanted to know...thank you!
Old Jun 9, 09, 8:57 pm

Programs: *G, KLM Plat, Avis PC, SPG Plt, Hyt Plt
You could always ring up one of the IAH PCs and ask a rep there. Regardless of written policy, that would give you some insight on what your actual experience might be. Here's the link for locations including phone numbers

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...tions/all.aspx
Old Jun 9, 09, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Ok....that's what I wanted to know...thank you!
I see BF (regardless of location) being allowed to PCs and hence allowed to guest 2. It could be argued that since you are heading to the Caribbean (including PR) that you can't access guest lounges.
Old Jun 9, 09, 9:03 pm

Programs: CO Gold
Originally Posted by aacharya View Post
I see BF (regardless of location) being allowed to PCs and hence allowed to guest 2. It could be argued that since you are heading to the Caribbean (including PR) that you can't access guest lounges.

Except that the OP flight is not BF class of service, regardless of whatever the website is saying now (which is a bug, if it says BF....because its not, its international F. The policy for international F is , admitance to 1 person. (I know you know but Carribean is not Mexico, Mexico flights do include access to guest lounges, which for instance in MEX would be the AM lounge)
Old Jun 9, 09, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not "International F", it's International Business (C).
Old Jun 10, 09, 7:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by aacharya View Post
Perhaps time for a geography lesson...Mexico is not included in the Caribbean, either in the real world or in CO's version.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: