Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cinnamon Buns

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
Angry Cinnamon Buns

I recently flew FLL-IAH and I was so disappointed when the FA told me that she didn't have any cinnamon rolls. Does anyone know if this is a permanent change? I know Continental has consolidated their service in F, and, I love the goo and drippiness of the cinnamon from the rolls. I missed it so much...honestly, this is one of the only reasons I fly to Houston on Continental, for the cinnamon rolls.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by goldelite8
I recently flew FLL-IAH and I was so disappointed when the FA told me that she didn't have any cinnamon rolls. Does anyone know if this is a permanent change? I know Continental has consolidated their service in F, and, I love the goo and drippiness of the cinnamon from the rolls. I missed it so much...honestly, this is one of the only reasons I fly to Houston on Continental, for the cinnamon rolls.
I was offered cinammon roles on my PHL-IAH and IAH-SJC segments yesterday. Declined them, but they smelled good!
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
They are still offered, just not on that flight or not catered properly. I don't think I've ever seen the sticky buns on FLL IAH, but I normally fly 2pm or later too, just a snack plate.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 1:19 pm

Programs: CO - Plat
Originally Posted by Steph3n
They are still offered, just not on that flight or not catered properly. I don't think I've ever seen the sticky buns on FLL IAH, but I normally fly 2pm or later too, just a snack plate.

I'm on the 7am flight from FLL - IAH and they always have them.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 1:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I've always been offered the rolls FLL/IAH, but never FLL/EWR which gets the 'el cheapo tourista' catering package.

Having said that, think twice before indulging - you're looking well north of 1,200 calories for each little roll.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 1:49 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

While the cinnamon buns are good (and they were on all of my recent morning/breakfast flights), I much prefer the biscuits with butter (and sometimes strawberry jam). I usually ask for an extra after everyone is served
Old Mar 19, 2009, 1:55 pm

What time of day was it and what was the rest of the meal?
Old Mar 19, 2009, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Having said that, think twice before indulging - you're looking well north of 1,200 calories for each little roll.
I count EQMs, not calories.@:-)
Old Mar 19, 2009, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
It was CO1649 (6:35 AM). We got the cereal or sandwich option, but, no cinnamon rolls.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bocastephen
think twice before indulging - you're looking well north of 1,200 calories for each little roll.
exactly why I passed on them, even though they smelled delicious!
Old Mar 19, 2009, 4:26 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Thumbs down WHY?

Why is there so MUCH sugar topping on Cinnamon Buns and other Danish Pastry?
It is upsetting to the blood sugar control!
The cinnamon helps regulate the blood sugar throughout the day!
But all those calories and vitamin depleting grams are detrimental to the health!
Cinnamon buns are GQQD without that sugar topping or with just a wee bit of it!

Old Mar 19, 2009, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
ahhh, just love them finger lickin' sticky buns....

<SMACK>

oh, sorry....
Old Mar 19, 2009, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by R&R
Why is there so MUCH sugar topping on Cinnamon Buns and other Danish Pastry?
It is upsetting to the blood sugar control!
The cinnamon helps regulate the blood sugar throughout the day!
But all those calories and vitamin depleting grams are detrimental to the health!
Cinnamon buns are GQQD without that sugar topping or with just a wee bit of it!

Oh please, don't you know that the white flour in bread is treated by the body almost exactly the same as table sugar? It's not the glaze that'll get you, it's the bread.

Potato, soda, bread, pasta, table sugar...all the same.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 11:01 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Question I am not sure what your point is

Originally Posted by pptp
Oh please, don't you know that the white flour in bread is treated by the body almost exactly the same as table sugar? It's not the glaze that'll get you, it's the bread.

Potato, soda, bread, pasta, table sugar...all the same.
All of the above add up to be worse then any of the parts.
And the sugar in the glaze alone with the bun are worse together then either alone. But don't hesitate to get the high blood sugar from the glaze and the bun. Don't you know there is fat in them, also.

Old Mar 19, 2009, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by R&R
But don't hesitate to get the high blood sugar from the glaze and the bun. Don't you know there is fat in them, also.
Ahhh...but fat doesn't elevate blood sugar. Nor does it make you fat (if that's all you give your body to burn for fuel).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.