Gordo to DCA Thurs

Old May 30, 09, 5:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Gordo to DCA Thurs

Saw him seated on my 73G on Thurs afternoon into DCA. Crew still respects and likes him, it seems.

I didn't have a chance to make any comment, but if I did, I'd have said:

"Hi. Please can you pass on to Uncles Larry and Jeff the need for a fourth elite tier at CO with a meaningful benefit increment. Comparable to EXP or 1K.

Don't worry about DL

Thanks."
Old May 30, 09, 9:03 am

Chatted with him while standing in the FC aisle a while back. The F-bomb was dropped a few times. Made me laugh because even if someone reported it, what's anyone gonna do.

Last edited by pptp; May 30, 09 at 10:47 pm
Old May 30, 09, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by redtailshark View Post
Saw him seated on my 73G on Thurs afternoon into DCA. Crew still respects and likes him, it seems.

I didn't have a chance to make any comment, but if I did, I'd have said:

"Hi. Please can you pass on to Uncles Larry and Jeff the need for a fourth elite tier at CO with a meaningful benefit increment. Comparable to EXP or 1K.

Don't worry about DL

Thanks."
I think we do have a fourth tier- CoStar or Chairman's Circle.
Old May 30, 09, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by pptp View Post
Chatted with his while standing in the FC aisle a while back. The F-bomb was dropped a few times. Made me laugh because even if someone reported it, what's anyone gonna do.
Knowing Gordo I think it would only merit being reported if he didn't use the F bomb...
Old May 30, 09, 5:42 pm

I'm sorry, while I know this post is all in good fun - do you really think a FORMER CEO really wants his time wasted with comments/suggestions regarding current management?
Old May 30, 09, 5:43 pm

Chatted with his while standing in the FC aisle a while back. The F-bomb was dropped a few times. Made me laugh because even if someone reported it, what's anyone gonna do.
last time I checked, saying "f*ck" wasn't violating an FAR... unless used insulting or abusively towards a crewmember...
Old May 30, 09, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by LukeSkywaiter View Post
last time I checked, saying "f*ck" wasn't violating an FAR... unless used insulting or abusively towards a crewmember...
True, but how about trying a little experiment and letting a few fly while in uniform
Old May 30, 09, 11:11 pm

Programs: CO, UA, who cares what level, that doesn't make me special, now does it?
I'm sorry, while I know this post is all in good fun - do you really think a FORMER CEO really wants his time wasted with comments/suggestions regarding current management?
exactly!
Old May 30, 09, 11:13 pm

True, but how about trying a little experiment and letting a few fly while in uniform
I love it!!!
Old May 31, 09, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA-1K w/MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Plat-Premier; SPG-Plat; IHG-Plat; National-Exec. Eli
I love it!!!
Luke, shouldn't that have read, "I F***ING" love it"????
Old May 31, 09, 5:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
LukeS, by the same token - do you really think that you speak for Gordo on this matter? I admit that I don't know if he would find this an engaging topic of conversation, but I bet you don't know for sure either. He can decide how to respond, should a reasonable opportunity arise and then he may, or may not, consider it a waste of his time.

Search this Thread