CO Business SaverPass reward on DL?

Old May 25, 09, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silv; Hyatt Plat, Priority Club, SPG G, HHonors G, Marriott S; Hertz 5*; AA, WN, Pan Am!
CO Business SaverPass reward on DL?

Has anybody found any of these lately? Or ever?

I'd like to book ATL-SCL this summer. There are lots of dates that show up on DL.com's award search as being low-priced (50k miles each way) but none that carry over as having any Business availability (either SaverPass or EasyPass) as a CO reward (I've gone through every available day from now through July).

I've tried the CO/CM IAH-PTY-SCL and always end up with First/Business First not available error after going through the flight selection process.

Ugh.
Old May 25, 09, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by texd View Post
Has anybody found any of these lately? Or ever?
Yes. Please don't tell me you haven't even called CO and are relying on their website to show partner award availability, as it seems from your comment about the "not available error."
Old May 26, 09, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
Yes. Please don't tell me you haven't even called CO and are relying on their website to show partner award availability, as it seems from your comment about the "not available error."
Also, don't forget AM to SCL. ATL-AM/DL-MEX-AM-SCL is another option.

The CM via PTY option is a domestic F style seat, so I would not book that. I would go with DL, or if not available, AM.
Old May 26, 09, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silv; Hyatt Plat, Priority Club, SPG G, HHonors G, Marriott S; Hertz 5*; AA, WN, Pan Am!
Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
I have been on the phone with CO several times a week for the last 3-4 weeks.

Thanks for the tips.
Old May 26, 09, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by texd View Post
I have been on the phone with CO several times a week for the last 3-4 weeks.
OK, well it absolutely is possible to get a SaverPass reward on DL. I booked JFK-Budapest in J a month or two ago. Was showing at low mileage option on delta.com and CO agent said it was available. Ended up booking with Skymiles directly (via Amex MR) as it was only 75k due to a promotion vs. 100k on CO. I forwent free award changes as a CO Plat, and so had to pay $100 to change the return from Vienna via CDG on AF, but the 25k miles savings was still worth it...

Search this Thread