Finally! NAN flights approved by Fiji Government

Old May 24, 09, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Finally! NAN flights approved by Fiji Government

Look for these flights to be loaded soon in the res systems. As a reminder the new flights will be HNL-NAN-GUM and GUM-NAN-HNL.

Source: http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/4421577/
Old May 25, 09, 3:58 am

Programs: TK *Gold; WN A-list; NEXUS; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Very good. I'm in Fiji right now and like it very much...and look forward to the option of flying CO to the islands
Old May 25, 09, 5:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
this is another excellent option to have on this route; I'm glad to hear it
Old May 25, 09, 5:58 am

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
When CO joins Star I wonder if we will see:

1/ codesharing with A* member NZ for CO operated GUM-NAN / HNL-NAN and NZ operated NAN-AKL

2/ an attempt to co-ordinate the schedules to make good connections with NZ over NAN for the GUM flights
Old May 25, 09, 8:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Choice Platinum, Alaska 75K, Avianca, British Airways
cocoNUTS!

6 - 12 hours on a 737 is a long time especially if your a 6ft 3" Islander sitting in the back of the bus.

I think CO is making a logistical mistake trying to operate a service to HNL via NAN because the flight is just too long for the passenger and where do the crew rest? I see very few customers wanting to fly CO over NZ on the HNL-NAN run. This is essentially two services and while I see the benefits of a Guam - Fiji Islands run, I fail to see how CO can compete with Air Pacific, Air New Zealand

My suggestion would have been to operate a Guam - Nandi - Pago Pago (American Samoa) flight. This would finally hook up American Samoa to their Guam cousin as well as increase trade and tourist opportunities with Guam and all points further West (Japananese & Korean Tourists as well as commerce with Micronesia, Hong Kong and the Philippines.
Old May 25, 09, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
They were running a GUM-HKG flight last year, but they dropped it. Maybe they will bring that back also.

Search this Thread