How would YOU piece together a Series 17??

Old May 21, 2009, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG
How would YOU piece together a Series 17??

Has anyone come up with some creative ways to stretch the value of a Series 17 reward? (Up to 6 stopovers and I think an open jaw...travel has to be in one direction, no backtracking)

The question is not what areas of the world do you think are most interesting, but rather to what cities would you construct an itinerary given CO's partners, assuming reward availability exists?

Most of us would not have the time to do a Series 17, but with all the layoffs, who knows, this may be valuable to someone...
Old May 21, 2009, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It is pretty easy in SkyTeam as long as you don't want to visit Australia or New Zealand or the South Pacific. Oh, and as long as you don't want too much local transport in SE Asia (not a big deal as that can be cheap) and don't need to get between SE Asia and India or the Middle East.

Availability for most partners can be found using the NWA site and then it is a matter of picking dates.

If you plan to fly premium cabin it is not advisable to use CO metal at all. CO is convinced that their BF product should price as an F product so they charge the F rate for that reward. Biggest mistake I made on my RTW was paying that extra 60K points each, just to fly CO EWR-NRT instead of EWR-DTW-NRT.

When the *A move happens the availability will be a similar exercise, this time using ANA instead of NWA and then booking it up. And the options in the S. Pacific will be infinitely better.

The one major difference between reward and revenue RTW is that on a reward there is no backtracking at all, even within the same continent. That can alter plans and order of cities visited a bit, but it isn't too bad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.