Fare W & S?

Old May 18, 09, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Fare W & S?

I am booking business travel through our Amex Travel agent service.

I know that when using a travel agent and booking the low cost fares some of them only give you 50% EQM. I know "L" for but does anyone know if "W" and "S" will get me 100% EQM?

Thanks
Old May 18, 09, 7:34 am

Programs: FB Silver, MR Platinum (Life), EK Silver, DL, UA Premier, BA, HH Gold, A3 *Silver
Hi,

No, W and S are 50% fares:

Discount Economy Class W, E, S, T, N, L

https://www.continental.com/CMS/en-U...B355C7A4A7C9FC

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

PS = Unless your company has managed to negociate away the 50% rule (as was once reported by another poster)

Last edited by GenevaFlyer; May 18, 09 at 7:35 am Reason: Added PS
Old May 18, 09, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Okay thanks
Old May 18, 09, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer View Post
Hi,

No, W and S are 50% fares:

Discount Economy Class W, E, S, T, N, L

PS = Unless your company has managed to negociate away the 50% rule (as was once reported by another poster)
You can also try to upgrade the fare after booking, on your own dime, to get into an economy class fare.
Old May 18, 09, 9:54 am

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Originally Posted by aacharya View Post
You can also try to upgrade the fare after booking, on your own dime, to get into an economy class fare.
If you attempt this, you might look into whether CO would charge you a change fee in addition to the fare difference. I've seen a few threads discussing this but didn't look at details.
Old May 18, 09, 10:34 am

Programs: UA Platinum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Identity Platinum
Originally Posted by Totoro View Post
If you attempt this, you might look into whether CO would charge you a change fee in addition to the fare difference. I've seen a few threads discussing this but didn't look at details.
This should be less of a problem if you do it within 24 hours of booking.
Old May 18, 09, 12:19 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by TommyC80 View Post
This should be less of a problem if you do it within 24 hours of booking.
My wife recently tried this and was told that there is no 24 hours if booked via a corporate travel agent. Any change made via co gets both a penalty as well as a booking fee . This has been discussed on a number of threads. It's a YMMV thing - you could get lucky, but it'd be against policy.

This is one thing I think ought to be changed. If you book via a corporate travel agent and are WILLING to pay the fare difference to a class that yields 100% EQM (or higher), there should be no change fee. The booking fee should only apply if it's something that is possible to do online but you choose to call anyway. As to the issue of fare rule changes, I'd be totally OK with requiring this be done within a fixed time frame - 24 hours would be nice, but I'd settle for 4 (less would be a problem as the TA doesn't always ticket promptly, or let one know when they do).
Old May 19, 09, 1:54 am

Programs: FB Silver, MR Platinum (Life), EK Silver, DL, UA Premier, BA, HH Gold, A3 *Silver
Hi,

I don't know if it's an option for you ... but with my Corporate travel agency (also Amex), I've been able to request our TA to book a higher fare class and bill the difference in price to my personal credit card. You could always ask if that is an option for you.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

Search this Thread