BusinessFirst Seat Recommendation on 762 (767-200)?

Old May 14, 09, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silv; Hyatt Plat, Priority Club, SPG G, HHonors G, Marriott S; Hertz 5*; AA, WN, Pan Am!
Question BusinessFirst Seat Recommendation on 762 (767-200)?

I'm sorry for starting yet another seat rec thread, but I've been unable to find any threads on the 762. It doesn't help that the search function excludes strings of <4 characters from searches (I put "BusinessFirst" and "767-200" in the title just to try and help anyone searching for the same answer in the future).

Our A/C has been downgraded from a 764 on which we had booked 7AB. BF is pretty wide open. Row 1 is blocked, of course, and Row 2 is taken on the outbound but not the return. 5B is blocked for crew rest (didn't they used to block 5D?)

The flight is IAH-EZE so I guess our two biggest concerns would be (1) getting shafted for meal choice and (2) being disturbed during overnight sleep.

Thoughts?
Old May 14, 09, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by texd View Post
The flight is IAH-EZE so I guess our two biggest concerns would be (1) getting shafted for meal choice and (2) being disturbed during overnight sleep.
Then take row 2, 3, or 4.
Old May 14, 09, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
Then take row 2, 3, or 4.
+ 1, if the meal choice is important, sit closer to the front and then try to snag 1 at OLCI, or call CO and see if they can assign it to you now with the understanding that you may be bumped to another seat if that is needed for a disabled pax
Old May 15, 09, 6:05 am

1B (and its equivalent on the other side of the AC) is a terrible seat. it gets bumped during the service and by every passenger who walks by it. the only plus is that there is no one reclining in to you.

go with row two. my experience in BF is that the FA's walk around during boarding and take orders in a random fashion, so get on as early as possible.

Search this Thread