Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BF Upgrade List question.

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2009, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
BF Upgrade List question.

My wife and I are on standby for a BF upgrade to Beijing. We bought a B-fare and decided to do the upgrade almost a month ago.

Today I checked the PDA site to see where we are on the list. Well we aren't anywhere it seems: (We are MUE,A and LI, X)

BusinessFirst Upgrade Information
Continental Flight 89
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) to
Beijing, People's Republic of China (PEK - Capital)
Sat., May 16, 2009 at 12:10 PM
Boeing 777-200

Capacity: 50
Booked: 48
Checked In: 0

This information will change frequently.
This page was last refreshed Thu., May 14, 2009 9:14 AM New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) local time

Customers Upgraded into BusinessFirst:
KAP, P. 3L
KAP, T. 3K
LUK, A. 1L
ROT, N. 1K
STA, M. 10L
STA, R. 10K
YU, L. 3E

Upgrade Standby List*:
No customers currently standing by

Is this normal that we would not show up or is something wrong? When I log into my co.com account it still says "this segment is waitlisted"
Old May 14, 2009, 7:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The PDA list shows the waitlist for at airport upgrades. You don't get onto that list until you are within 24 hours and are checked in for the flight. Basically when the "normal" BF upgrade waitlist expires you get transferred to the airport list and can clear up to departure time.

At just over T-24h you will either be upgraded or the waitlist will expire. Based on the 48/50 booking I'm guessing that it will expire. Then you'll be transferred to the other list and start to show up on the PDA list, along with any others who might also be waitlisted for the miles upgrade.

It is working normally.
Old May 14, 2009, 7:31 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by LordHamster
My wife and I are on standby for a BF upgrade to Beijing. We bought a B-fare and decided to do the upgrade almost a month ago.

Today I checked the PDA site to see where we are on the list. Well we aren't anywhere it seems: (We are MUE,A and LI, X)

BusinessFirst Upgrade Information
Continental Flight 89
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) to
Beijing, People's Republic of China (PEK - Capital)
Sat., May 16, 2009 at 12:10 PM
Boeing 777-200

Capacity: 50
Booked: 48
Checked In: 0

This information will change frequently.
This page was last refreshed Thu., May 14, 2009 9:14 AM New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) local time

Customers Upgraded into BusinessFirst:
KAP, P. 3L
KAP, T. 3K
LUK, A. 1L
ROT, N. 1K
STA, M. 10L
STA, R. 10K
YU, L. 3E

Upgrade Standby List*:
No customers currently standing by

Is this normal that we would not show up or is something wrong? When I log into my co.com account it still says "this segment is waitlisted"
Did u do OLCI yet?
Old May 14, 2009, 7:36 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by eagle92
Did u do OLCI yet?
How do you do OLCI for a flight that's still over 48 hours away?
Old May 14, 2009, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eagle92
Did u do OLCI yet?
Not yet, the flight isn't till saturday. I'm planning on doing OLCI as soon as I can. With the BF list, is there any benefit to getting up tomorrow at 6am (my first leg Sat is at 6am) to do OLCI at the 24 hour mark?

Last edited by LordHamster; May 14, 2009 at 7:45 am
Old May 14, 2009, 9:07 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
The PDA site upgrade standby list only reflects those who have already checked in. This is explained on the pda site, btw.
Old May 14, 2009, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Not yet, the flight isn't till saturday. I'm planning on doing OLCI as soon as I can. With the BF list, is there any benefit to getting up tomorrow at 6am (my first leg Sat is at 6am) to do OLCI at the 24 hour mark?
Yes, there most definitely is - you will be checked-in for your connecting segment at the same time you check in for the first one.

Set that alarm clock
Old May 15, 2009, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Yes, there most definitely is - you will be checked-in for your connecting segment at the same time you check in for the first one.

Set that alarm clock
Well, I set my alarm clock... got up early, all for nothing. I was greeted at the computer saying the wait-list expired. But I figured, I'll do OLCI anyway. I forgot that CO's stupid OLCI does not allow you to get a boarding pass for a destination like China that requires a Visa.

Also, the darned site insisted on re-entering our passport info even though I've traveled on my passport countless times and the passport is in my Co.com profile. So now I'm STILL not on the list until I check in at the darned counter.
Old May 15, 2009, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Well, I set my alarm clock... got up early, all for nothing. I was greeted at the computer saying the wait-list expired. But I figured, I'll do OLCI anyway. I forgot that CO's stupid OLCI does not allow you to get a boarding pass for a destination like China that requires a Visa.

Also, the darned site insisted on re-entering our passport info even though I've traveled on my passport countless times and the passport is in my Co.com profile. So now I'm STILL not on the list until I check in at the darned counter.
if you are not that far from the airport and willing to take a ride over there you can check in today and get on the list ahead of other connection pax. for 16 hours of comfort, it's worth it.
Old May 15, 2009, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrzyshawn
if you are not that far from the airport and willing to take a ride over there you can check in today and get on the list ahead of other connection pax. for 16 hours of comfort, it's worth it.
Can I check in early without checking my baggage yet? We will have to check a bag, but i don't have everything ready to go yet.

Also, does my wife have to come with me to show her face? I assume that I'll need both of us there.
Old May 15, 2009, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Can I check in early without checking my baggage yet? We will have to check a bag, but i don't have everything ready to go yet.

Also, does my wife have to come with me to show her face? I assume that I'll need both of us there.
You can check in now and then check in bags tomorrow.

I would think you wife might have to go in the event the kiosk is not working and check in is needed with a person.

and good luck on the upgrade. I hope you have better luck luck that I did and someone is willing to switch to allow you two to sit together if not seated together when /if the upgrade clears.
Old May 15, 2009, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrzyshawn
You can check in now and then check in bags tomorrow.

I would think you wife might have to go in the event the kiosk is not working and check in is needed with a person.

and good luck on the upgrade. I hope you have better luck luck that I did and someone is willing to switch to allow you two to sit together if not seated together when /if the upgrade clears.
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately my wife has to work today so both of us going to the airport won't be possible. But we'll both be there at 4:45 tomorrow to check in anyway... that will have to be good enough. Damn useless OLCI. ($5 bucks says they'll make everyone line up at the boarding gate again to have their passports "approved").

We've been married for 7 years now, not sitting together for 13 hours won't kill us. For now we have the exit row, so at least something. If we get the upgrade then great... if not, oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.