FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Ccccccaaaaaaaarrrrrrrttttttt! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/945119-ccccccaaaaaaaarrrrrrrttttttt.html)

theblakefish Apr 19, 2009 3:44 pm

Ccccccaaaaaaaarrrrrrrttttttt!

A lot has been said about the carts rushing through IAH…they sometimes seems like the Indy 500, the way that they basically almost push people out of the way sometimes. However, there is one driver who always makes me laugh. He is a younger guy who always seems to be working in the evenings, and he bellows out the phrase:

“CCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT!” in a low, monotone, bass voice that one can hear all the way across terminal E. :D :D Sounds like a horn from a ship or a locomotive!!! I laugh every time I hear it, and he has people turning to smile at him, and I say KUDOS to him for not only making his request for cart room known, but he breaks the monotony of the same-old-same-old “CART!” ^

SeamusSA Apr 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Ask not for whom

They used to use horns or even bells like those used on bicycles, but one of the drivers told me they are now forbidden to do. Wonder why?

kingalien Apr 19, 2009 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by SeamusSA (Post 11608542)
They used to use horns or even bells like those used on bicycles, but one of the drivers told me they are now forbidden to do. Wonder why?

all the dings, rings, honks and zonks were actually annoying really.

dergon darkhelm Apr 19, 2009 4:04 pm

When I read “CCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT!” I automatically heard it in Ricardo Montalban's voice.

theblakefish Apr 19, 2009 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm (Post 11608591)
When I read “CCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT!” I automatically heard it in Ricardo Montalban's voice.

Nice, they are, but they don't have Corinthian Leather.... :cool:

freeupgrade Apr 19, 2009 4:44 pm

To the OP,

Don't you think you overdid it just a little in your thread title?

I got your point with only reading half the letters.

kingalien Apr 19, 2009 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by freeupgrade (Post 11608780)
To the OP,

No he did nnnnoooooooootttttt.

IAHtraveler Apr 19, 2009 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by kingalien (Post 11608565)
all the dings, rings, honks and zonks were actually annoying really.

And so are the carts b/c they fly around there basically running you over if you don't get out of their way. Just go the same pace as everyone is walking and we'd all be happer... but maybe we shouldn't start that can of worms in this thread.

rolov Apr 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by theblakefish (Post 11608498)
A lot has been said about the carts rushing through IAH…they sometimes seems like the Indy 500, the way that they basically almost push people out of the way sometimes. However, there is one driver who always makes me laugh. He is a younger guy who always seems to be working in the evenings, and he bellows out the phrase:

“CCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT!” in a low, monotone, bass voice that one can hear all the way across terminal E. :D :D Sounds like a horn from a ship or a locomotive!!! I laugh every time I hear it, and he has people turning to smile at him, and I say KUDOS to him for not only making his request for cart room known, but he breaks the monotony of the same-old-same-old “CART!” ^

It not just IAH , it is everywhere .

unkfrank Apr 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by freeupgrade (Post 11608780)
To the OP,

I got your point with only reading half the letters.

:rolleyes: That is not possible.

sdm1130 Apr 19, 2009 6:26 pm

The carts are, IMO, one of the most annoying things about IAH. I'd love to see a reduction in the number of carts (half of them always seem to be empty) but I doubt that will ever happen.

United757 Apr 19, 2009 6:30 pm

Haaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Hartmann Apr 19, 2009 6:54 pm

That is one of the only cart drivers I like. I always laugh when he announces his presence because it really does sound like a ship's horn.

Olton Hall Apr 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by sdm1130 (Post 11609244)
The carts are, IMO, one of the most annoying things about IAH. I'd love to see a reduction in the number of carts (half of them always seem to be empty) but I doubt that will ever happen.

The narrow corridors makes them even worse than other airports.

theblakefish Apr 19, 2009 7:30 pm

I agree with those who say there are too many...and let's face it, half of the people in those carts are fata$$es who cannot or will not walk the length of the CO terminal areas.... :rolleyes:

P.S. - to freeupgrade and unkfrank... :rolleyes: